Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Baptized

I just had the sweetest moment with my Aubrey. We read scriptures and say family prayer before bedtime every night. We read the children's scriptures with the pictures. We were reading our chapter and Aubrey saw a picture of a boy being confirmed. She asked, "What's that picture of Mommy?" So we talked about baptism and confirmation. I reminded her that she will be able to be baptized when she is 8. She then asked, "After 2 more birthdays?" I told her that it will be after 6 more birthdays. After we finished reading she wanted to say the family prayer. This was her prayer.

"Heavenly Father thank you for Mommy, Daddy, Aubrey & Brooke. Please bless I will be baptized when I'm 8 - after 6 more birthdays. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

It almost brought tears to my eyes - it was so sweet.

3 comments:

Chanté said...

That is SOOO darling! You have the cutest kids!

Anonymous said...

Heather, sometimes I swear we were sisters in another life! We read the children's scriptures with Molly every night, too, and just the other night we also had a discussion about baptism that resulted from one of the pics. I love these tangible moments where it's obvious they're learning about the gospel. Aubrey says great prayers!

Summer Carlile said...

That is so cute!