Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Big Blessings come in Small Packages

Today Aubrey and I were eating lunch at the table across from each other. Brooke was on my lap and they were facing one another. Aubrey would say "Hi Brookie Cookie" (Brootie Tootie - is how she pronounces it.) and Brooke would laugh every time. I decided to give it a try, but she did not laugh. I tried it a few more times - with no response from Brooke. Aubrey then said, "Brookie doesn't laugh when you say it, only when I say it." Too funny.

As I was sitting there with my girls I suddenly got a wonderful warm feeling inside. I felt so blessed to have my sweet little girls - and realized how great my life and family really are. It was such a nice moment. I have been feeling kind of anxious and just not myself the past several months. I've been praying that I'd be able to get out of this funk soon. It was like Heavenly Father lifted the fog that was hanging over me and let me feel how blessed I am.

Pre Pre School

Since school has started, I thought I'd have a little school for Aubrey at home. We are starting with upper case letters. I am just doing it real simple. Everyday is a new letter. I print off two color sheets. One with the letter of the day several times and one with pictures of things that start with that letter.

I also found some sticky notes in the shape of each letter. Aubrey loves to stick them all over her notebook.

Aubrey has had lots of fun working on her letters. It has been nice too because while she works on her letters I am able to exercise. Brooke is quite entertained watching me and Aubrey in her exersaucer. Sometimes Aubrey comes and joins me while I am exercising.

She especially likes it when I am on the stability ball. She grabs her ball, sits on it and exercises with me. It's too cute! (The really ugly shirt is Aubrey's painting shirt. I discovered that water paints are not washable!)

Jeff made a bike rack for his bike so that he has a place to store things while he rides his bike. He took Esther for a ride on his rack. She didn't know that she was his guinea pig to see how much weight it would hold! Real nice Jeff!

Aubrey joining along on the bike ride with Uncle Bryan helping her.

I am trying to make much more of an effort with tummy time these days. Brooke gets some pretty much every day now. I figure she may learn to crawl faster this way!

Brooke hasn't been feeling well this week. I think it may finally be her 2 front lower teeth coming in. I hope they pop through soon because she is pretty miserable. She did however sleep 12 hours straight last night! I am so hoping that this is something she'll keep on doing. I really have been missing my sleep!

Monday morning Aubrey hopped in to bed with me when she woke up. She cuddled with me for a few minutes and then said, "Mommy, I had a dream last night." So I asked her what she dreamed about. She responded with, "The ZOO." Then she asked, "Mommy did you have any dreams?" So sweet. She has been talking about the zoo a ton all week. Later that day Brooke was babbling. I asked Aubrey, "What do you think Brooke is talking about." Aubrey said, "She's talking about the Zoo." Also, Aubrey has told both Grandma's and Grandpa Bagley all about the Zoo over the phone. It's the longest phone conversations she has ever had. I am glad that she had such a memorable time.

Yesterday I asked Aubrey to hand me the ringing phone. She said, "No Mommy, I'm too busy right now." It sure is stressful being 2.

Aubrey's new pretend play is to play Family Home Evening. I love it. She actually reminded me that I needed to plan a lesson on Monday for FHE.

4 comments:

Nelson Family said...

I'm glad your feeling better! I understand being in a funk.. life gets tough sometimes but it sure is nice to have such cute reminders of why we are really here!!

Lyndee W. said...

"Jeff gave Esther a ride on his rack"? LOL...sorry, had to laugh.

You waited so long for your little family...it's nice to get confirmations of the peace this life brings us when we do nothing more than raise a righteous family.

Love ya, Heather!

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

brooke's eyes are gorgeous!!!

Karen said...

Oh, so fun. How I wish we were closer. I'd love to just hang with you and your girls.