Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Blast from the Past & More

Jeff dug out his old baby photos, because he was sure he had a few baby pics that looked a lot like Brooke. Could he have been more right!

Could they be twins separated by 34.5 years!? Except for the obvious 1970's quality of Jeff's picture, if you would have told me it was a picture of Brooke, I would have completely believed you. Amazing! I guess we are just going to have to have a boy for me to have any chance of having a child look like me!!

What a little cutie! I think if you combine Brooke & Aubrey you get this picture!

Another Brooke look a like photo!

Awe - so cute!

One of my favorite pics of Jeff. How many kids have gotten to hug a lamb in their own kitchen?

Jeff at his parents baptism. He was so proud of himself that he got to wear a tie!

I absolutely LOVE this one of Jeff. Wasn't he such a cute kid?

I finished my girls tutu's last week. I'm hoping to get some cute pics of them wearing them when Brooke can sit up on her own.

Aubrey was much too interested in her show, to even turn around for me!

Brooke LOVED playing with the Tulle.


Aubrey has been such a sweet little Mommy with Brooke. Whenever she starts to cry she will either go and check on her or tell me. Today when Brooke began to fuss, she came into me and said, "Mommy Brooke is a little bit sad." What a little sweet heart. I love when she checks on her, because Brooke will just see Aubrey coming and cheer up. (As long as Aubrey doesn't get too aggressive with her.)

Above is Aubrey checking on Brooke in the crib. Do you see Brooke's wide open mouth? It's because she sees Aubrey holding a pacifier. If Brooke is either hungry or sees the pacifier coming, she will open her mouth as wide as she can. It's so cute! It's quite helpful in the nursing department. If I pick her up and she opens up her mouth like that, then I know exactly what she wants.

Aubrey is getting really good at putting the pacifier in Brooke's mouth - also very helpful!

I LOVE how these girls just adore each other!

One day last week as I was getting ready, Brooke was in the crib and started getting fussy. I could hear Aubrey talking to her, so I went in to make sure she was being good to her. When I peaked in, much to my surprise, Aubrey had climbed into the crib! It's a good thing she didn't land on Brooke's head as she was falling into the crib. When I asked her what she was doing she told me that Brooke was sad and she was trying to make her happy. Way to take control of the situation Aubrey!

Whenever Aubrey is playing with Brooke I'll keep a close eye on them. When Aubrey is being nice to her I'll ask, "Aubrey are you being a little sweetie pie?" Well the other day I saw Aubrey at her chair looking in at Brooke in the crib. I asked her what she was doing and she responded, "I'm just being a little sweetie pie!" Too funny!

Brooke is getting much better at the push ups. I must admit that I am pretty terrible at daily tummy time - but she has learned just the same!

Brooke's little hands are getting pretty good at grabbing and holding on to things.

My little sweethearts!

We turned the exersaucer back into an exersaucer for Brooke. (It turns into a stand up toy as well - and Aubrey has been using it as that for the last year.) Brooke seems to really enjoy it!

I was worried about how Aubrey would feel about us taking it away from her and giving it to Brooke. I was pleasantly surprised that she had no problem with it at all. She even started bringing more toys to put on it for Brooke.

Brooke is getting really close to rolling over. She almost had it one day, but we ran out of blanket and she felt the grass on her check and immediately pulled away. Hopefully pretty soon!

Whenever we walk by Brooke, if she'd like us to pick her up, she will sit straight up. It's really cute to see her communicating with us like that! We'll have to start doing sign language with her soon. It was so nice to be able to communicate with Aubrey. I hope Brooke will take to it too!

A few weeks ago, I turned off the lights as I was putting Aubrey to bed. I was sitting next to her night light and it must have been reflecting in my eyes. I saw her walk up to me and look into my eyes curiously. Then she exclaimed, "Mommy, there's stars in your eyes!" Too funny. Now she looks for stars in our eyes anytime it gets dark.!

Jeff has scouts once a week and Aubrey is in bed by the time he gets home. Back when I used to help Aubrey say her prayers, I would always have her ask that Daddy gets home safe. Now she says her own prayers without my help. A few weeks back, on scout night, Aubrey was saying her prayer. She finished it and we said "Amen". Then she said, "Oh I forgot to bless Daddy to come home safe." So sweet. So she started over and included that. Daddy was real pleased to hear that story when he came home.

Aubrey is really interested in the fact that some people are boys and some are girls. Many times when we are reading, she will point out who are the boys and who are the girls. She will also go through the family and do the same.

Aubrey is also real animated when she tells stories. Lately, as she tells stories, she does real big hand gestures. It almost looks as if she is leading music. It totally cracks us up!

I sure do love watching all the new things my girls are learning an doing!

2 comments:

Summer Carlile said...

They are the cutest little girls, and jeff was a super cute little boy!

Lyndee W. said...

The minute I saw Brooke I said, She looks just like Jeff!