Monday, October 5, 2009

Brooke's First Bites

Saturday morning I sat down with Brooke and a chocolate muffin to watch General Conference. Aubrey saw my yummy muffin and came over to join me. She began to pick the chocolate chunks out of the muffin and was making a big mess. As I was attending to her, Brooke stuck her hand in my muffin, got a small piece and stuck it right into her mouth. She had not had any solid foods yet, and I certainly wasn't planning a chocolate muffin to be her first food!

Since, she was trying to tell me that she was ready for a little more substance, on Sunday we decided to give rice cereal a try. She swallowed her first bite and then continued to eat it all! This is shocking to me because Aubrey took 4 months of spitting all foods out of her mouth, before she finally ate any mushy foods!

"Mom, I've been eating solid foods for 2 whole minutes, don't you think I'm ready to feed myself!

Today I put Brooke in the Bumbo to feed her. Aubrey thought that was lots of fun.

Letting a 2 year old feed a baby is quite messy - but lots of fun and cuteness!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Now that looks like so much fun! I love that Brooke is eating so well.

Anonymous said...

Your girls are too cute!