Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Catch up from Last Week

A week ago Friday, I got to go to a RS Retreat. I wasn't able to spend the night - but I got to go for the evening. It was really fun. The RS did a great job planning it. While there I took a class on nails. We were taught and practiced painting flowers on each others nails. When Aubrey saw them on Saturday, she wanted flowers on her nails as well. So, Sunday morning Aubrey got a little manicure. She sat still exceptionally well for a 2 year old! I was only going to do flowers on the thumbs, but she really wanted them on "every finger".

After the manicure, she wanted to paint her storks nails, so I got her a q-tip and let her pretend.

A girl at church has worn this brown and pink dress that I really had been admiring. When I was out shopping for some fall/winter clothes for Aubrey I was so happy when I found the same dress!

Aubrey just loves the Halloween decorations. We were a little worried that they would frighten her, but most of them don't frighten her.

She especially loves the purple lights. (I think purple might be her favorite color.)

Beauty and the Beast! Aubrey has been talking about daddy's monsters for a while now. She says, "I'm not afraid of daddy's monsters - they're just pretend." She'll also go up to them and say, "Hi monster. Mommy I'm really brave."

Grandpa stopped by to say goodbye to us on Monday before he headed back home.

Brooke got her first story in Grandpa's Donald Duck voice. As you can see, she really enjoyed it.

She seems like such a big girl when I see her sitting up and playing with toys.

On Wednesday Aubrey and I decided to make some Halloween treats to take over to the Merris' since they had a new addition to the family. We decided to make a bunch to share with the rest of the family as well. Aubrey did so good decorating 24 cupcakes. I was in the kitchen frosting and didn't have to help her at all - or stop her from eating all of the cupcakes and sprinkles herself. I am so glad Aubrey likes to do crafty things with me.

While Aubrey was decorating she told me that she wanted to take one to the Ghost and the Mummy to share one. So, we took one back and she tried to hand it to them.

And then, of course, Aubrey had to enjoy the fruits of her labor.

All of Aubrey's creations. She lovingly placed every single ghost.

Mommy had to do some as well. Here are my creepy creations.



Daddy snuggling with his girls.

Every Fall Jeff has the scouts over to learn how to start a fire in our garden area. This year Aubrey was thrilled to get to participate with the Scouts.

After she saw the scouts eat their hot dogs in a bun, she was determined to do the same.

Here is the fire that Jeff and the scouts made.


3 comments:

Karen said...

Always love to see what you are up to. I love the pictures of Jeff and his girl and Aubrey's new dress is adorable. Have a great day. I hope you had a nice birthday.

Anonymous said...

Fun cupcakes Heather and Aubrey!!

TheAndFam said...

Oh Heather! Aubrey's nails look amazing!! You are so talented!!