Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Conference Weekend

We had a very enjoyable Conference Weekend. The talks were great (well at least the parts that we heard of them!) I'm looking forward to the Ensign reprints to catch the things that I missed. I always enjoy hanging out in my pj's almost all weekend!

To keep Aubrey occupied, but also interested in conference, I made a little matching game. I printed off pictures of the apostles and taped them on a cookie sheet. When one of them spoke, she had to match the speaker to his picture. It was a last minute idea that I came up with, but that she really enjoyed. I showed her how the game worked when Pres. Monson spoke at Sat. morning conference. She went and started painting his picture, but kept glancing up at the TV. As soon as a new speaker came on she exclaimed, "There's a new one, I have to find his picture!" And then went running up to find it. I was so happy with how much fun she had. It was hard for her when all 15 pictures were in play, but by Sun. morning session, there were half the amount and she was able to match them without any help from me.


Also for the Saturday sessions, I got Aubrey a pumpkin to paint. That occupied her for about 2/3 of conference and then she played the rest of the time. I was pretty happy with how she did.



Brooke was a good little girl too and played happily most of the time!

Between sessions, Daddy went to harvest the remains of our garden. Aubrey, of course had to go help out!

During Priesthood Session I dropped Brooke off with my sisters and cousin JJ, and Aubrey and I went and met friends at the mall playground for a little play date. It was nice getting some time with just Aubrey. When we went to pick Brooke up at my sisters, we had a little dance party before we came home. It was real cute seeing Aubrey and JJ dancing around with Summer and Esther.

Then after the little ones were in bed, I made them some purses/trick or treat bags to go with their costumes. I had tons of left over felt, so I wanted to do something more with it. I was pretty happy with how they turned out.

For Sunday conference, I printed off a coloring page packet for Aubrey to work on. It was all pictures from the Friend. She did that for the entire 2 hours! Talk about a good attention span! I think she has definitely inherited my interest in art!

She also liked to paint the apostles faces as she matched them.

Brooke sleeping away like a good little girl!

Brooke also rolled from her back to her tummy for the first time on Sunday!

That evening we had my sister Summer and her husband Steve over for dinner. We had a good time visiting. Then to top it all off, we gave Brooke her first solid food before bed. I'm still in shock that she gobbled it all up and didn't spit any out!

It was a great weekend. I was very pleased with how my girls did during conference. Of course there were lots of chatter and interruptions (but that's to be expected.) But, we did get to listen to much of the talks. I always enjoy conference weekend and am always a bit sad when the Sunday afternoon session rolls to a close.

No comments: