Saturday, October 24, 2009

It's hat season!


With the weather getting cooler, I thought I'd break out the crochet needles and make matching hats for my girls.

This is Brooke's hat. I thought it turned out pretty cute. The flower is not permanently attached, so I can change it out with different colors.

And where's Aubrey's hat, you might ask. Well, first I made one that was too big. Then I unwound it and started over. I just tried it on and the second one is too small. So, I haven't decided if the 3rd time will be the charm or if I'll just give up on it!

More pics from the week

Aubrey thought the bouncy seat was the perfect place to sit and watch a show.

Brooke lounging and being cool

I'm not quite sure what Brooke was doing, but with her sitting that far forward it was making the swing go really fast.

My little helper cleaning the bathroom with me.

Yesterday Aubrey was playing a little rough with Brooke and Brooke started to cry. Before I got there to asses the situation, I heard Aubrey say, "I'm sorry Brooke. Oh sweetie pie, I'm sorry." It was really sweet.

At the dinner table last night we were talking about Aubrey, Brooke and Calli being born. It's fun hearing Aubrey talk about meeting Brooke, because she was not as verbal at the time and she remembers so much about it. Anyway, we were talking about how they were each in our tummy and then they came out. Then Aubrey said, "We used to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus. At their house. The church." I thought the church comment was too funny. It makes sense though. We talk about the church being Heavenly Father's house - so of course that's where they lived with them. I was also so happy Aubrey remembered that they used to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus.

Also at dinner on Friday Aubrey said, "Maybe Aunt Esther and Uncle Bryan can come over another time." I told her that they would come over again. And then she said, "Next time maybe Brooke can go with Mommy and Daddy." I asked her if she wanted Aunt Esther and Uncle Bryan all to herself and she just grinned really big. Too funny! She doesn't want Brooke stealing her thunder. Funny kid!

1 comment:

Tammy and Mark said...

Moriah says she needs one of those hats. She would like to learn how to make one (too bad we moved).