Monday, October 19, 2009

A visit to the hospital lobby

There is a new hospital rule that no one under the age of 14 can visit the rooms. I don't know if it is just our hospital or nationwide. Anyway, I get that they are trying to protect patients from the swine flu. But, it's also very disappointing to mother's who are in the hospital and can't see their kids. The kids can however come to the lobby. So, when my sister Cindy had her baby on the 10th, the only way she could see her son JJ, is if she met him in the lobby. So this is her just hours after she gave birth, all dressed up in the lobby visiting with her son. (I'm sure glad that wasn't the rule 6 months ago!)

The morning of baby Calli's birth, I told Aubrey that baby Calli would be coming out of Aunt Cindy's tummy today. She was very excited about it and spent some time in the morning drawing pictures and "writing" letters to her. She wrote (scribbles while reciting what she is writing) "Baby Calli, will you be my friend." We went on with our day and waited for the phone call that Calli had arrived. We hadn't talked about it since the morning. Aubrey was eating lunch at the table and then suddenly said, "Ohh something's coming out." So I asked her what was coming out. She said, "Baby Calli's coming out of Aunt Cindy's tummy. I'm so excited!" This happened right around noon. Well a little while later we got the call that Calli was born. And guess when she was born - 12:01 pm! Aubrey called it!

I then went to the hospital and didn't tell Aubrey where I was going, because she would be disappointed that she couldn't meet Calli also. When I got back home I was showing Jeff pictures of her. Aubrey came over, so I let her see the pictures of Calli too. She got such excited eyes and then said, "Baby Calli came out. Hurray - Let's go!" I thought it was so sweet how excited she was! I had to explain that she would get to meet her in a few days after they left the hospital. Unfortunately, Aubrey got a runny nose then and so we had to wait a week before she finally got to meet her. (Pictures on that in a future post.)

Later, I took Brooke & Aubrey to the hospital lobby so they could see Grandma & Grandpa & Aunt Cindy & JJ.

The lobby has a cute little play area with babies and a changing table.

Aubrey very much enjoyed changing the babies diapers.

Here she is showing Grandma that she changed the diaper.

I had to get some pictures of Brooke in this cute outfit that my friend Rachel gave her. I've had to wait 6 months for it to fit her. But it was worth the wait!

1 comment:

Lyndee W. said...

Yeah, the hospital rule is because of the H1N1 virus; I spent two days at the hospital with my sister earlier this month when she had toxemia really bad and an emergency c-section, we didn't know about the new rule and Sean had to wait in the lobby with Lyle {who was upset that he came all the way to Provo for nothing} while I stayed in the room with Mariah. Then I had to find a babysitter all day! Thank heavens for good friends. Oh, and Cindy doesn't even look like she gave birth!