Monday, October 19, 2009

Tinkerbell Party

I've gotten a few weeks behind in my blogging - so I'll be playing a little catch-up this week.

Friday, Oct 9th, Aubrey was invited to a Tinkerbell party. Keagan, a friend from nursery was having a birthday. Aubrey loves birthdays and parties and was very excited about it. In the morning I told her that she would get to wear her tutu and that when she got to the party she would get to wear wings. She then looked at me with the most excited expression and exclaimed, "And then I can fly!" Oh the mind of a 2 year old is just sooooo cute!

Before the party I was taking Brooke's 6 month photos in her tutu. Aubrey wanted to get in on the action, like always, so I dressed her up early to take some pics.

The party was absolutely adorable. All four girls were all dressed up in pink tutu's and looked so cute! First they were sprinkled with pixie dust and given wings, wands, & fancy butterfly clips. Then they played some games, ate cupcakes & opened presents. They each got little Tinkerbell gift bags as well. Aubrey thought it was great that she got a present too! Aubrey had such a fun time at the party! Julie (Keagan's mom) sent me some pics of the party.

The adorable fairies (minus the bday girl who, of course, did not want to pose for a picture)

Yummy cupcakes!

I kept Brooke in her tutu for the party as well.

After the party Aubrey had fun playing in her fairy costume.

Trying to fly like a fairy!

Aubrey LOVES the "magic wand" that she got at the party.

Other Pics & Stories

A few weeks back, I was feeding Brooke her cereal. I had to stop to change Aubrey's poopy diaper. As I was washing my hands I heard Aubrey say, "I know what to do." When I got back to the kitchen I saw that Aubrey had brought a stool in and set it by the high chair and was feeding Brooke herself. So sweet. Brooke was happily eating away too.

My sweet little Brooke is just growing up so fast. She has started in on the separation anxiety. I am not such a fan of that. So far she is not as bad as Aubrey was, and I am hoping she never gets to be that bad. She doesn't like it if we all leave the room and she is alone. Even if we just go into the kitchen and leave her in the family room, she'll make a stink about it.

She has gotten real interested in the world around her. She went to primary with me on Sunday and just loved it. She also is starting to really enjoy playing with toys. And, of course, she still loves watching and playing with Aubrey.

She has discovered her feet and enjoys playing with them often!

She is such a good eater. She generally just gobbles down her food. She does not like it if we are eating food and she is not included. So, at lunch time I usually give her a teething biscuit or a rice rusk and that makes her really happy. She does a pretty good job holding it herself too.

Aubrey really wanted me to take a photo of her in her panda jammies riding her panda rocker.

She also wanted me to take a pic of her "block castle". She loves building with blocks. Sometimes she builds herself into her castle and needs my help getting out. Funny kid!

Over a month ago we had an FHE lesson on reverence. We played a game where I said a situation that was either reverent or irreverent. If it was reverent she would do a thumbs up and irreverent a thumbs down. Well, the other day Aubrey was taking a bath. She has 4 rubber ducks, all of varied size. She has named them daddy duck, mommy duck, Aubrey duck and Brookie duck. She had lined her four ducks up on the edge of the tub and told me that they were at church. Then she said, "Aubrey duck, you need to be really really reverent. If you do something really naughty then we do this (she proceeded to make the thumbs down sign) and if you do something really good then we do this (she made the thumbs up sign)." It was so cute to see her act out our lesson. And I was very pleased that she remembered the lesson and the word reverent!

1 comment:

Lyndee W. said...

You are such a great Mom! And the Tinkerbell party...what a great idea!