Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter


The night before Easter, Aubrey was one excited girl. She laid in bed talking about the Easter bunny coming for at least an hour and a half. She did not get out of bed though, because she didn't want the Easter bunny to pass by her house because she wasn't in bed. She's too funny.

We got a wake up call from Aubrey at 6:30 a.m. asking about the Easter bunny. I told her that we had to wait until Daddy woke up. She just chatted with me for about 15 min. and I thought that she had forgotten. Then she said, "Daddy is taking a long time to wake up." It was so cute that daddy decided to get up so hiss excited girl could go see her Easter basket.



And off she goes!



I love the below picture because it is soooo typical. Brooke only wants what Aubrey has, she's not the least bit interested in her basket!





We finally got Brooke interested in her ball.





MMMM yummy food.



Aubrey had a blast playing with her new ponies.



And in true Aubrey form she put them all in a line.





Here's Aubrey trying to block Brooke from getting her ponies. Too funny!



And finally Aubrey ran off and agreed that Brooke could play with her ponies. Brooke is sooooo happy.



Between conference sessions we had our indoor Egg hunt. (Our yard full of snow made us bring it indoors) I had a brilliant idea for the egg hunt. I didn't want to stop Aubrey from finding eggs, but I wanted Brooke to be able to get some too. So, I found some plastic eggs that were decorated with flowers and such. Before I hid them, I told Aubrey that these ones are Brooke's eggs and all the others were hers. It worked perfectly! When Aubrey would see Brooke's eggs she would say, "Brooke I found one of your eggs", point it out to her and then leave it there for Brooke to get. What a good big sis!











Ohhh look at all of these bright eggs.





Brookie had a ball with the egg hunt. When she would see some she would say, "Ehhh" (for egg) and hop to find them.



Then after the hunt Aubrey wanted to help me make the rolls for Easter dinner. She did such a great job.



I taught her how to roll them in crescent shape, and she did a great job.



We had Easter dinner with the fam. at Summer's new house.



My little crew.





I'm so glad that Brooke still will go to others. Usually she just needs a little time to warm up to a new place or people and then she does fine. It's so great!



Hangin' with Uncle Elliot.



Aubrey took the camera and took a picture of me. (The only indication that I was actually there.)



Then she took one of Summer,



and Katie.



Then Aubrey got on the floor to try to do a somersault.



After a few tries she did it perfectly! Look at that excited face. She got up and said, "I did it just like those big kids at the Easter Egg hunt!" Too cute.



Then she wanted everyone else to do one. Here she is excitedly chanting someones name that she wanted to do a somersault.



Everyone was a really good sport and did one for Aubrey. It was pretty funny. And Aubrey was so excited about it.













Then she wanted to do a cartwheel, because she saw the big kids do them. Daddy had to help her with that one.



It was a fun Easter. I'm glad we had a fun, relaxing day with family!

1 comment:

Summer Carlile said...

Thanks for coming over on easter we had a blast.