Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Decorating Easter Eggs

With all of the party prep I've been doing, I haven't had a chance to post our Easter festivities. Last Monday for FHE we had a lesson on the last day of Christ's life, the Crucifixion & Resurrection. . Jeff used several pictures to tell Aubrey about it. She did great and listened intently the whole time. We told her that that is the reason we celebrate Easter.

For the Activity we decorated Easter Eggs. Aubrey had a blast of course. I found these really awesome "color snaps" by Paas that she used. They are like q-tips with dye inside. She just painted to her hearts content!



Brookie was fascinated by the process and colors. She watched daddy decorate his eggs.



Me and my girls.



Here's Aubrey still painting.



Then she added some glitter paints to her eggs.



And then stickers.



So proud of her finished eggs!



I Loved the color snaps and hope I can find them again next year. They were a hit with Aubrey. I think her eggs turned out so pretty too. Kind of a tie-dyed look to them.



Then for desert we had Jello jiggler Easter eggs. My mom gave me a cute mold for them.

Brooke LOVED the jello!



Aubrey liked them OK. (She actually liked the jello powder better that she kept sneaking tastes of when she helped me make them.)



I loved Brooke's wide open mouth every time the jello came close.



We had a real fun time decorating Easter eggs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We used those Q-tip things on our eggs, too. I wasn't quite so impressed with them, but maybe we're a little more artistically challenged. Aubrey's eggs turned out much cuter than ours, but don't tell Molly!

The Crazy Clawson's said...

so cute...you are so clever and you are always doing the best things for your sweet little girls..you are a great mom

Karen said...

Now those are some cute girls. I love Aubrey's eggs. So much detail.