Monday, April 5, 2010

T-shirt Layered Dress


Weeks ago I decided that if I had the time I wanted to make matching dresses for Brooke & Aubrey to wear at Brookie's bday party. Well, I didn't really have the time, but I really wanted to make them, so I squeezed them into this weekend.

Some cousins of a friend of mine made really cute halloween dresses from a halloween t-shirt they purchased. They then layered coordinating fabric and sewed them to the bottom.

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to find fabric that matched how I was going to decorated Brooke's bday cake and make "sister" shirts for my girls.





Since the t-shirt's are loose fitting, they turned out baggier than I had wanted. (Well at least they'll be able to wear them longer.) I ended up adding the top layer with the bow after trying them on them, because I didn't like how low the waist was. I'm glad that it turned out that way because I really like the top layer. And I had to make matching hair bows and bracelets as well! I didn't photograph the bracelets but they are just pink, brown & white beads.

So I am mostly pleased with how they turned out. Of course trying to take a picture with the girls in them sitting still and forward proved problematic.



Anyway, I am glad that I fit them in, so now I can stop loosing sleep over them. (Whenever I want to make something I will lay in bed thinking about them over and over again until I finally make them. Yeah, I'm crazy, I know!)

2 comments:

Karen said...

What makes me laugh the most about this is I was there when we took that sewing class together. I never even finished my dress. So proud of you to make such advancements in your sewing skills.

John and Ann Tolman said...

Such cute little dresses for such cute little girls!