Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Meeting the Easter Bunny


The week before Easter, Aubrey saw a picture of herself and the Easter bunny from her first Easter. She excitedly asked me if we could go see the Easter Bunny this year and take a picture. Our malls no longer have visits from the Easter Bunny and I had to tell her that he wasn't coming this year. Well, the next day I got an ad from a local grocery store that they were doing a Easter scavenger hunt and the Easter Bunny would be there. Aubrey was so excited when I told her that we would get to see the Bunny this year.

So, last Friday we headed out for a little Easter fun. After Aubrey got her bunny ears she spotted the Easter Bunny playing with some kids. Here she is going in for a closer look.



They even had face paint for the kids.



The moment arrived for her turn to meet the E Bunny. She was a little nervous but wanted a hug anyway. I decided that I would put Brooke down on the floor without her seeing the Bunny. That way she wouldn't scream.



It worked great . . . until she looked back,



And then this is what happened:



Then we went around the store looking for pictures of animals. When the girls saw an animal they were to make the animals sound and then got an egg. The girls had a blast.



Brooke enjoyed playing with her bucket of eggs. As you can see, she allowed her nose to be painted. But wouldn't have it when the paint brush came back to paint the whiskers.



First she would shake the eggs and then she would eat them.



All three of our bunnies.



The girls checking out their spoils when we arrived home.



Brooke is not easy to photograph these days because she always tries to hop off. Aubrey was trying to hold her still for me. I LOVE Aubrey's smile in the picture below. Such an authentic smile. It's hard to capture one of those in a toddler.



And I love Brookie's smile in the below pic.



And finally I got them both to look up at the same time.



What a fun little outing we had. I didn't know that this store had events like this. We'll definitely check this store out on more holidays. They did a great job.

No comments: