Thursday, April 8, 2010

My cutie pies

Both of my girls are just in the cutest stages. Aubrey is moving from a toddler to a little girl. It is so fun to watch her learn new skills, become more independent and figure out the world around her. She gets so excited when she learns something new. She figured out how to put her shirt on by herself the other day and came running in saying, "Mommy I'm an even bigger girl now. I can put my shirt on all by myself!" Oh how I love so see her so excited! Here she is in the shirt she put on - look at that excited face.



Aubrey is really enjoying doing hair lately. She loves to brush her toys hair and her own hair. She was brushing her hair the other day and then said, "Mommy will you take a picture of me making my hair look like a pretty pretty princess."



Brooke started mimicking a ton last week. It is seriously so darling. She tries to say all sorts of words, "bunny, baby, bear, egg, etc." I think she is talking more than Aubrey at this age.

The other day I had both girls on the bed to do their hair. I finished Aubrey's hair and then she wanted the comb and water bottle, so she could do her own hair.



I got out a new comb to do Brooke's hair. As soon as I was finished, Brooke grabbed the comb and started combing her own hair. It was sooooo cute. Of course, by the time I got the camera she was over combing and wanted to eat it instead.



The next day in the tub I was combing Aubrey's hair. When I was done Brooke grabbed the comb. My hair was kind of hanging over the tub and Brooke leaned over and started combing my hair. When I was telling daddy about it later we got out the comb, to see if she'd do it for him.

First she did her own hair.





And then she did Mommy's hair.


She also grabbed the wash cloth from me one day and started washing her own face. I seriously LOVE the mimicking stage!



The other day Aubrey wanted her finger and toe nails painted. Brooke was watching intently. So, I decided to try and paint her toe nails. She did not love the process. But when we were done, she was fascinated by her pink toes!



Aubrey has been wanting to fly a kite for a long time. I finally picked up a dollar store one a few weeks back. She loved running around the backyard flying her kite.



She never got too much air, because she was determined to do it "all by myself." That's OK, I enjoyed watching her.



Grandma Buell sent the cutest little Easter goodies for the girls. Aubrey got tons of cute little crafty things to make. Including the below stuffed bunny and egg for her to color. She loved all of her crafts.



Brooke's favorite gift was this little wind up chick. It's too cute.



The other day Aubrey climbed into bed with daddy, pointed at her face and said, "Look at this cute little face of mine." Then when I came in she said, "Mommy can you take a picture of my cute face." Hmm maybe we should teach her about modesty :).



Aubrey LOVES being a ballerina. Here she is doing her ballerina dance and song.



With the stages my girls are in, I think we are going to have so much fun this summer! I can't wait for the warm weather fun to begin!

No comments: