Monday, June 28, 2010

Cinderella's Castle

On the way to Yosemite we saw this:



Aubrey took one look at it and exclaimed, "It's Cinderella's Castle!"

When we were driving home I really wanted to stay the night in Vegas. When I was a child we stayed at Circus Circus sometimes on our way to visit family. So I had been trying to convince Jeff that we should stay in Vegas at Circus Circus (because that's where the fun stuff for kids is.) I had entirely forgotten the "Cinderella's Castle" comment. Anyway I finally got Jeff to agree that I could call Circus Circus, and if the rates were reasonable than we could stay there. We found out that the rates were more than reasonable, but that they were all booked. I was disappointed. But they did mention that they heard the Excalibur still had availability and had me transferred there. I got the room booked and asked them where they were located. They gave me the exit and then said, "You can't miss us, we are the one that looks like a castle." Immediately my disappointment left and I got so excited for Aubrey that we were going to stay in Cinderella's castle.

Anyway, it was pretty late when we got there, but Aubrey watched in wonder as we headed in to stay at Cinderella's castle. In the morning, one of her first questions was, "Where does Cinderella sleep?" So, I told her that she slept in the tallest tower, which appeased her.

After getting ready we headed over to Circus Circus for the breakfast buffet and to have some fun in the kids section. On our way out of the hotel Aubrey found the tallest tower were she knew that Cinderella was sleeping. It was too cute!

As we walked into the buffet, I immediately recognized it from when I was a kid. That says a lot, because I have a terrible long-term memory. Anyway after a delicious breakfast we headed over to the games. The girls had a blast!



This game you had to roll the ball down the lane and try to land it in a high scoring slot.



Brooke loves balls, so we had to give her a chance. She had watched Aubrey and immediately knew what to do.





We found a section with tons of rides and arcade games and the girls were in heaven!







Even daddy participated.



I love how Brooke is trying to play the game too. Whatever Aubrey is doing - she has to do too or she is just not happy!





I love to see my cuties so happy!



After the games and rides we took our tickets to see if we could claim a prize. Aubrey immediately saw some kids makeup and wanted it badly. I was so happy because we had just the right amount of tickets.

Then we were off to the van to finish our trek home.

It was very fun for me to share with my little family something I did as a child and loved. I am a city girl through and through. Not that I don't enjoy nature, it's pretty and all - but give me the lights of Vegas or a super fun amusement or water park and that's what gets me excited!

It was a fun trip and I am glad that we could go. Aubrey's been asking about cousin Katie since we've been home. It makes me sad that we don't really know when we will see her again. Hopefully soon!

Thanks Mom for planning a really great reunion and for all of your hard work and yummy meals! We love you!

No comments: