Friday, September 10, 2010

I can't get enough of my girls!

My girls are both in such cute stages. Aubrey becoming so helpful and capable and Brooke just discovering the world and letting her personality shine. It's so much fun being with my little ones all day and watching all of the cute things they do!

They are becoming such good friends. Brooke still wants to do EVERYTHING that Aubrey is doing and Aubrey is learning to let her join in. It's still not perfect, but progressing. Now that Brooke is just taking an afternoon nap, I can no longer exercise during her morning nap. So, I decided to try and do the elliptical one morning even though they were both awake. I told Aubrey that she was the babysitter. I told her that it meant that she needed to watch over Brookie and not do anything that would make her cry. She took it so seriously that about 20 min. in to it Aubrey called to me all concerned that she needed to blow her nose. She didn't want to leave Brookie since she was in charge. So cute.

Here they are blowing bubbles together.



Still trying as hard as she can to blow a bubble. So cute!


My darling little walker!


Looking oh so cool in their shades.


I remembered to take a few videos during the actual dancing this week at dance class.

My cute little twirly girly. I love how her hands are on her waist.


Learning the choreography for their winter concert.


She watches so intently and tries so hard to do the moves just like the teachers show them. When they skip across the floor, she will be the last one across because she is trying to do it just right! She is one of the younger ones in class, so some of the moves take some time for her to get. Plus gross motor skills has never been her forte.

Learning how to skip properly. She has her foot perfectly by the side of her knee. Way to go Aubrey.


This one totally cracked me up. When they are working on their ballet positions the teachers will come around and help place their feet in the right positions. Aubrey looked down at her feet and noticed they weren't in the "v" position they were supposed to be in, so she bent over and was trying to put them in the right spot. Too cute.


Aubrey will frequently take Brooke's hand and walk with her. I just love it!


After we watch movies, the girls LOVE dancing to the credits. You gotta see the air Brookie gets with her Bum dancing!


Brooke has been working on her walking so much the last few days! Today I don't think she scooted or crawled much at all. She's really beginning to take off.


Brooke has been so much happier with her new found independence. I was even able to prepare dinner tonight without her tugging on my leg and crying the entire time! Brooke's new freedom equals more freedom for Mommy! Hallelujah!

The other day Aubrey was crying about something so I told Brooke that Aubrey was sad. Now anytime she hears or sees anyone cry she says, "Sad". It's really cute. She's is also very much obsessed with the toilet. Anytime she sees it she points to it and says, "poop". I'm glad to see she is learning where poop goes!

At the dinner table tonight Aubrey was talking about something she saw on TV and said, "I saw some people making Dora cupcakes, and I thought to myself, 'that would be really fun'." Where in the world has she heard the phrase, "I thought to myself"? She is so cute when she talks like a little adult. She then proceeded to tell me, in detail, how they made the Dora cupcakes and what ingredients they used. She even told me that certain things were hot and certain things needed to be put in the refrigerator. Wow that memory. I guess we'll have to make some Dora cupcakes sometime!

No comments: