Monday, September 6, 2010

In Memory of Summer 2010

Since I don't have any school age children, labor day marks the end of Summer for me. So, to commemorate the ending of our fun Summer, I thought I'd post pics of our favorite stomping ground - the water park! Even though we spent a good majority of our summer here, these are the only pictures I took. I was too afraid to bring my camera, but thanks to me niece's fabulous idea - I bought a disposable one and brought it along with us when we went on our anniversary back in July.

Fun family times. Most of the time it was just the three of us, but Daddy was able to go with us a few times. Aubrey loved showing off for Daddy all of the brave things she did there.


This was Aubrey's get up! She got lots of smiles when people saw her all decked out. It gave me peace of mind knowing that she was so buoyant and she was very easy to spot when she was off playing. The goggles, which she ended up going without towards the end, gave her the nerve to put her face under the water and go under waterfalls.


My other little cutie was not so decked out. Since she couldn't walk, she was pretty easy to keep track of. However towards the end of the season she did start taking off and walking in the water, so I started putting her in a life jacket as well. It allowed me to give her some freedom and walking practice.


Daddy and Brookie going down the big slides.


Mommy and Brookie


Aubrey and Daddy going down Aubrey's favorite slide!


Aubrey happy that she got to share her favorite slide with her daddy. He said she was cheering the whole way down.


Daddy and Aubrey going down her next favorite slide.


This is Brooke's favorite slide. She would even push herself down into my arms.


I was so proud of the progress and courage Aubrey showed this season. The first few times we went, she hardly left my side. She wouldn't go under the water or under the waterfalls and she wouldn't go down the kid slides by herself. Once she decided that she was brave enough to venture out, there was no stopping that girl.

She LOVED that she was big and brave enough to go down these slides by herself. And would brag that she would go all the way under the water at the end of them.




Brookie loved jumping off the side into the pool. She is not so timid as Aubrey always has been.


I love the pure joy of this picture.




Showing off that she is brave enough to stand under the waterfall.


Brookie loved the tire swing. She would hold on all by herself.


Aubrey wears a swimvest. It allows her to lay flat on it. She got really good at floating on her stomach and back. She even started really swimming in it.




Daddy and Aubrey catching some waves in the wave pool.


The first time Brooke pushed herself to standing and started walking were in the pool. Here she is standing up.


With the season over we have to say goodbye to the water park :(. It sure was a fun way to spend the summer! We will miss you Summer 2010. I hope Summer 2011 comes quickly and is just as good to us!

No comments: