Thursday, September 16, 2010

More About my Girls

I decided on a whim to give Brooke some bangs. I hadn't decided if she was going to have bangs or not, but I was sick and tired of the hair in her eyes, so when I trimmed Aubrey's last week I did Brooke's as well. I didn't do a great job cause that girl will not sit still for a second. But, I think she looks pretty cute anyway. I think they make her look older.

I was also able to get her hair in piggy tails too. She looked like such a big girl to me.







Brooke has been all about strolling babies lately. She spent like 20 minutes one day going back and forth strolling a baby. It's so cute. And she always puts a baby in the stroller first. No empty stroller for her. She also found Aubrey's toy bassinet and put the baby to bed after the stroll. It's so cute seeing her turn into a toddler right before my eyes.


After Aubrey brushed her teeth, she jumped right up to do hers.


Brooke is loving Aubrey these days. She calls her "sis". Whenever she wakes up in the morning or at naps she start saying "sis" and looking around for Aubrey. At dance class she will get excited when she sees her sis too. When I dropped Aubrey off at preschool this week and then jumped back in the van without her - Brooke was concerned. She started saying, "sis. sis." and pointing to Aubrey's car seat. She didn't want me to forget Aubrey!

She also follows Aubrey all around the house. Even when she has to choose between following me and following Aubrey, she will choose Aubrey most often. I LOVE it! It's such a nice break from having a little critter fussing at my legs all day.

These two are such cute friends. They play so good and have so much fun together. Here they are playing dress up and doing their makeup.


Aubrey is all about making up songs these days. She'll sit at the piano and play and sing her made up songs. It is so cute. Before FHE on Monday she told us she was going to sing the opening song about Temples. This was her song, "I'm going to the temple someday - when I get bigger. I'm going to marry a prince there. But, I don't know which one yet. I'll decide later." It totally cracked me up!

She also is so delighted at how big she is getting. Frequently she says things like, "Mommy look at my hands and arms, they are soooo big!" If she can't quite do something all by herself she'll say, "When I'm 4 years old I'll be able to do it by myself." Apparently 4 is going to be a big year for her!

The other day Aubrey was watching Dora. They were talking about occupations. The characters were all saying what they wanted to be when they grew up. Then Dora asked the audience, "What do you want to be when you grow up." Aubrey responded, "A mommy." Too sweet! That's what I always wanted to be too when I was growing up!

We got our nice weather back this week and we have been really enjoying it. I got the sprinkler out for them yesterday and they had so much fun.

Brooke had not been interested in it this summer, but I think because she can walk now, it gave her the courage to try it. She had a ball!



I love the progression of my laziness. At the beginning of the summer I would put them in swimsuits before they played in the water. Mid way through the summer I would just take their clothes off and have them play in undies/diapers. Now in my extreme laziness they go in clothes and all. Brooke's diaper gets so big - it's so funny!


I love her little tongue in this picture.


Aubrey going in to fix the fallen down caterpillar.


Brooke was getting right up close with her face right in the spray and just laughing and having fun.




If you turn the sound up, you can hear a little giggle from her when she gets wet.


When I was pregnant with Brooke and Aubrey was 1 year, I remember thinking about how fun it would be when I had a 1 and a 3 year old. Now that we are here - I wasn't wrong at all. It is sooo much fun. I seriously love this age. Toddlers and preschoolers have always been my favorite ages. I hear mom's talk about how they'll be sad when they no longer have babies, I don't feel so much that way. I love my babies, but I am just delighted when they turn into toddlers. When I no longer hear the pitter patter of toddler feet or the funny quips of preschoolers, that's when I'll be really sad. So, I better enjoy every moment of having both of my girls in my favorite stage!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such cute girls Heather, I am sure you will love every stage of their lives!