Saturday, September 4, 2010

Tutu's, Hats, Sunglasses & Umbrellas

My little girls sure know how to make me smile. One day this week I was crocheting a hat for Aubrey. She has outgrown my favorite black hat so it will be passed down to Brooke, and I wanted a matching one for Aubrey. While crocheting Brooke kept saying hat, pointing to her head and trying to take it away from me. So, I went and got her black hat and helped her put it on her head. Then she saw Aubrey's tutu on the floor and brought it over for me to put it on her. She just happened to be wearing a matching hot pink shirt. I looked at the little outfit that she created and thought she looked so adorable.





Gotta love her pout.


Brooke is starting to get in to imaginative play and it is so cute. The other day she laid out a blanket & put her dolly on it. Then she looked at me, put her fingers to her lips and said, "Shhh baby ni ni." It was so cute.

Much to Aubrey's delight, Brooke has started giving her kisses. Aubrey will ask Brooke for a kiss, Brooke will kiss her on the cheek and then they will both squeal with delight. It warms a mommy's heart!

She has also started telling me when she has a dirty diaper. She will point to her bum and say, "a poop a poop." Do I dare to dream that with this awareness she might be an easy potty trainer?

She also likes to help mommy clean just like she sees Aubrey doing. One day I was transferring the wet clothes from the washer to the dryer. Brooke saw me putting clothes in and went and got clean clothes from a nearby basket and started putting them in the dryer. I realized that she wanted to help, so I put the wet clothes on the dryer door and asked her to put them in for me. She was so happy to be helping. We do that every time now - it's her special job. She also has begun to help pick up toys. Which is quite nice, because before she would take things out as Aubrey and I were picking up.

This is the little reading nook Aubrey made for herself the other day. She looked so darling.




Aubrey has started learning to read and is so excited about it! My dad gave me the phonetic readers that he used to teach all of us to read. We started the first book this week, and Aubrey can read it with very little help now. We started working on the second one yesterday and she is doing pretty good with it. She LOVES that she can actually read to me now.

Aubrey is getting very descriptive with her communication. She will tell me in detail about situations or things that she wants to do. Her memory still continues to amaze me. She also loves to talk Brooke through doing different things. It's so cute seeing her teach her little sister. In fact at the dinner table yesterday she taught Brooke how to sign "Thank You". They were both so excited about it.

She is getting so capable and is such a good little helper these days. Our new vacuuming routine is, I will tell Aubrey what room I am going to next and she will run ahead and pick everything up off the floor for me. It is soooo helpful, especially because I am usually holding Brooke while I am vacuuming. Aubrey is the extra pair of hands I have always dreamed of!

Aubrey still makes me laugh on a daily basis with her antics. The other day the door bell rang. She ran ahead to peek through the window and see who it was. It was a salesman and so she didn't recognize him. So, she asked me, "Mommy is that the Prince I'm going to marry?" That was definitely a good laugh.

Also that day she and Brooke were not getting a long well. They were fighting over everything. Aubrey ran off to her room for a few minutes. When she returned she said, "I'm having a hard time sharing today so I said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to help me." She then started sharing with Brooke and said, "I feel good inside now because I am sharing." It was really sweet. The sharing even continued for a few more hours.

She is actually getting really good at sharing with Brooke. She was coming down with a cold, so I think that's why she was extra cranky that day. But, I have been very pleased with their progress when playing together.

I am so grateful for the blessing of my two little sweethearts! They melt my heart everyday!

No comments: