Friday, March 20, 2009

Farm Country

JJ's Grandma Merris and Uncle Joseph are in town and so they invited us to go to Farm Country with them yesterday afternoon. Poor JJ was confined to his stroller, though, because he has hurt his foot. The doctor isn't sure if it is a sprain or a break - but he hasn't been able to walk for the last few days. They put his foot and ankle in a little cast yesterday - so he had to hang out in the stroller the whole time.



We had a real fun time at farm country - thanks Merris' for inviting us!

Aubrey really enjoyed feeding the animals UNTIL she got her finger nibbled by a pony. We are having a bad animal week, apparently. I think she was more shocked than hurt. A few minutes after the incident she noticed the ponies that you could ride and was all about ponies again. She kept saying "ride a pony". Other than probably being a little timid to feed animals, I don't think it did much harm.

Aubrey couldn't take her eyes off of the kids riding the ponies while she awaited her turn.

I tried to get a picture of the two little monkeys, but neither one wanted to cooperate.

Finally it was our turn on the ponies!

Aubrey & JJ each got to ride 2 pony rides because Cathy & Joseph nicely gave them their tickets.

Aubrey held on so great through both rides, that I had to get a pic of her holding on by herself.

Isn't this the most darling little lamb?

Both male peacocks were out strutting their stuff. I've never seen a white one before - isn't it beautiful? I can't decide which I like better.

Aubrey loved playing in this little play house. She had been dancing on the stage, until I got the camera out - of course!

I thought Aubrey's eyes looked especially brilliantly blue today!

Aubrey was bending over and saying "Hi" to all of the animals. I think she is still a little nervous to get too close though. She also waved at most of the animals as she said "Hi". It was really cute!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John and Ann Tolman said...

I love that white peacock! It almost looks fake. sounds like a fun time.

Summer Carlile said...

I had no idea about JJ that is so sad. I am glad that you guys had fun though. That albino peacock is awesome I don't know if that is how you spell albino but that is okay.