Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Chuck E. Cheese & Aubrey Stories

We got to spend some fun time playing at Chuck E. Cheese with JJ, Cindy & Cathy on Monday afternoon. Aubrey was so excited when I told her that we were going to Chuck E. Cheese. She was running around the house until we left saying "Bye Bye - CC." (CC is how she says Chuck E. Cheese) We have only been to CEC twice, but the minute we drove into the parking lot she gasped and started saying, "that way" and pointed to where the building was.


We had a fun time and even got to see John, Esther & Bryan for a few minutes before we left to go home to be with Daddy.




More Aubrey Stories


The other day Aubrey saw her doll stroller and told me that she wanted to take her puppy on a walk. I told her that she could take him on a walk around the house. Then she said, "Aubrey walk?" I told her that it was too cold to go on a walk and she responded with "morrow?" (tomorrow) I thought that was so cute that she understood what tomorrow meant. I must tell her a lot that we can do things tomorrow!


Aubrey has decided that things are scary. She has always found people to be scary - but now many other things have become scary. We had a little gel ball with tentacles. It was lying on the floor and Aubrey wouldn't go anywhere near it. Finally I had to just get rid of it. When she is scared she becomes stiff as a board and turns her head away from whatever is scaring her and puts her head as far into her chest as possible. I think she is trying to hide from whatever is scaring her. It is really sad to see her like this. The other day I was making dinner and she was looking through her princess story books on the floor of the kitchen. All of a sudden she started saying, "mommy mommy mommy" and hands me one of the books. I thought she just wanted me to see it so I thanked her and then started to hand it back. Immediately she goes into her scared stiff position. So I look at the book and it is Beauty and the Beast. Apparently the Beast was too scary. I hope this is just a phase and she doesn't spend her whole life scared of things!


Aubrey had some pink sandals that she wore last Spring & Summer. The last time she wore them was probably Aug. or Sept. Anyway, we were walking past a little girl who had those same sandals. Aubrey saw them and pointed to her shoes and said, "Aubrey!" I can't believe she remembers a pair of shoes she wore 6 months ago!


Last night we were reading her story "God Gave us Two." It's about a bear family having their second child. On one page the little cub asks if they will still love the new baby when she cries - to which the parents respond that they will. As I read that passage Aubrey said, "Baby Brooke cry?" I thought it was so sweet that she was associating the story with what is going to happen in our home and wondering if Baby Brooke is going to cry. Later in the story there is a page that it shows little cub with her Grandma & Grandpa while the Mom & Dad are at the hospital having the second baby. It talks about all the things they did together while her parents were at the hospital. Aubrey pointed at the picture of her playing hide and seek and first said "Aubrey" then said "hide pa". So I asked her, "When Mommy is at the hospital do you want to play hide and seek with Grandpa?" She excitedly said "yeah". Then she pointed to the picture of them making cookies and said, "Nana". So I asked if she wanted to make cookies with Grandma and once again she responded with her excited "yeah". Hopefully my parents will make it here in time to watch Aubrey while we are at the hospital - otherwise her Aunts might have to be the ones to bake cookies and play hide and seek with her!

No comments: