Saturday, March 14, 2009

Family Swim

We got free swim passes when we signed up for the swim lessons. So, on Thursday night we went swimming as a family. Aubrey was real excited that daddy was coming. She kept saying "daddy too!" We had a fun time. We got to show daddy all of Aubrey's new tricks; jumping in the pool, blowing bubbles, going under the water, kicking & scooping her arms. Daddy loved all of her tricks.

Look at me swim!

I can jump in the water!

Daddy's goggles are really cool!

On a not so fun note - on Friday I got my first puking in public experience. Aubrey had had the flu on Tuesday, but had been fine since. We went to Wal-mart and Aubrey started coughing and then threw up. I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I was heading quickly to the family restroom while looking for an employee to tell of the mess. On my way, I ran into a friend of mine who was so sweet to help me out. She has 3 kids and has been there done that. She had wet wipes handy and pointed out the extra veggie bags we had in the cart for putting the mess in. I have always considered myself to be a very independent person, but something about having a friend there with me was so nice. Just seeing her made me feel relieved. It's times like those that just don't seem coincidental. How likely is it that my friend would be right there at that moment. I mean sure I could have handled it on my own, but it was so much nicer having a friend. I love those tender mercies in pretty insignificant situations that help us know that we are being looked after. And for friends sent as angels to help us out. Thanks Amy for being there!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I was glad to help! You have such sweet things to say, I cried! It makes me feel good to know, that I was able to give you that little bit of relief you needed in that moment! You can call on me anytime!

Karen said...

Love swimming. Can't wait for spring. I love that your friend was there. I have been there so many times now it just seems second nature. They joys of parenthood.

Lyndee W. said...

True friends are true angels.

Summer Carlile said...

I am so glad your friend was there to help you out. I hope that Aubrey starts feeling better.

Christa said...

I am glad that you have taken advantage of all of the fun things you can do with only one child. Once you have another child life seems to be busier.

Aubrey is so cute!