Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Finally Finished

Yesterday afternoon I finished my sewing for Aubrey's toddler room. I am sooooo HAPPY to be finished!

The pillow sham

The window valence

Now we just need to get the room painted and move all of Aubrey's things over. Then the hardest task of all will be to transition Aubrey to a toddler bed. I am not looking forward to that. Then we'll get to put the nursery back to the pre-Aubrey condition. This is what the nursery looked like right before Aubrey was born.

It doesn't look quite so neat and tidy now - but I am hoping to get it back before Brooke is born.

In other news, Aubrey said her first sentence today. She said, "Aubrey, ride a bike?" Jeff was riding his bike and we were out in the yard watching. She liked what she saw, so she asked for a turn. Then all night long it was "Daddy ride a bike" and "Aubrey ride a bike". I love her new found communication skills!

7 comments:

Our Family said...

It is adorable!

Karen said...

Good luck on the transition. It is never ever easy to get them into a big bed. Brooke is lucky to get such a cute room. Lucky girl.

Summer Carlile said...

they look great!

Anonymous said...

Very cute:0) Best wishes in all your rearranging!!!

Lyndee W. said...

I've always loved the nursery. So sweet! You are an awesome seamstress! Aubrey's room stuff is so adorable! I'll post soon of some ballet costumes I'm in charge of making. We'll see how they turn out!

Diana and Derek said...

That looks like soooo much work, but it looks great!! Congrats!

Keri said...

Wow Heather, aren't you the handy gal? Looks great, and I'm so glad that you posted a pic of Aubrey's Room. I heard all about how amazing it was and now I get to see it for myself! How long did it take to do the taping and striping? Wow, it's wonderful!