Monday, June 8, 2009

Aubrey has "people"

Today Aubrey went looking for the phone. Once she found it she said, "Aubrey call Aubrey's people." Then she proceeded to dial numbers and then say something like this:


"Hello Uncle Elliot. Come see Aubrey at Aubrey's house." She continued until she called just about everyone in the family. So apparently all you family out there - you are "Aubrey's People!"


I thought I'd have a little fun with Aubrey's hair. I thought it turned out pretty cute!

While I was doing the above hairdo - Aubrey was watching an episode of Dora. In this episode Dora has to save a Prince who is locked in a tower. They have to use the magic word, "abre" to open the door to save the prince. As soon as the show was over we went straight to the car to get to Brooke's dr. appt. As I was getting Brooke's car seat in the car, Aubrey went to the passenger side door and tried to open it. When she couldn't open it, she stepped back, pointed to the door and exclaimed, "abre". It was so cute - I just started laughing. The rest of the day she said the magic word to open many doors. What a little cutie pants!

On a similar note, I recorded the Tinkerbell movie for Aubrey a few weeks back. She loves it! Anyway in the movie the fairies are making all of the preparations for Spring to come. In one scene some fairies are spray painting ladybugs. Last week as we were playing out by the pool, Aubrey grabbed her fishing rod that has a little nozzle type thing at the end. She was walking around the grass and making spraying noises while moving the nozzle in a circle. I watched her for a while, wondering what in the world she was doing. Finally she looked up and saw me watching her. She said, "Aubrey making ladybugs." I am glad to see what an active imagination she has!

After dinner on Friday, Aubrey ran to the wall and said, "Aubrey stand at wall, Mommy take picture." So of course I had to take her picture, messy hair & lasagna face and all!

Daddy's make the best chairs!

On Saturday, I went to the computer to check the weather for the day. Aubrey runs in after me and grabs her toy laptop, opens it up and says, "Aubrey check email." That gave me a good chuckle. She has heard many times that mommy is checking her email when she has wanted my attention.

Having her stork dance to the music that was playing on the laptop.

Brooke is now 9.5 lbs. Look how she is actually filling out the onesie - instead of swimming in it! She has been so much happier since we have been treating her acid reflux. She has been smiling a little bit the last couple of weeks. She even smiled for the doctor on Friday!

While giving Brooke some tummy time - Aubrey couldn't resist coming and giving her lil' sis' a hug!

The closest thing to a smile that I've been able to capture. Hopefully we'll get a good smiling picture soon!

Working so hard to get her head up!

Sharing the ducky chair.

After I removed Brooke, Aubrey wanted me to take a picture of her and her laptop. Funny little monkey!

On Saturday I heard Aubrey getting the crayons down. After a few minutes, I realized I should look and see what she was coloring on. She had found some left over cut out hearts from a primary activity. She looked up at me and said, "Aubrey find hearts." Then she proceeded to make valentines for everyone in the family.

Today she found the hearts again and I heard her saying, "Happy Valentines Grandma," "Happy Valentines Grandpa." And on and on through the rest of the family members. Then she started laying them out for everyone. After she laid them out she started calling her "people" to come over. (see the first story in this post) I think she wanted everyone to come and get their valentines. So, family, we have a house full of valentines from Aubrey if you want to come and get one!

Saturday evening we had our friends, Rachel, Jesse & Zoe come over for a BBQ.

We had the little munchkins at their own table. They looked so cute!

Jeff is quite the grill master! He made absolutely divine BBQ ribs complete with a homemade rub and a homemade BBQ sauce. And he made more of the knock off wingers wings. Since he had hot oil for the wings he fried some french fries as well. Also, not pictured are his famous salsa baked beans. It was delicious!

I contributed to the meal with a wingers sticky finger salad (made with lettuce from our garden.) and homemade Peanut Butter ice cream with Reeses mixed in.

Here are the girls enjoying the ice cream. It is quite rich (and delicious if I do say so myself) and the girls were running around pretty hyper afterwords.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't two year olds do and say the funniest things? Aubrey is such a little cutie! Sometimes Molly says something so out of the blue and I'm just like, "huh? where'd you learn that?" These little kiddies are too much fun! (and Brooke is looking just like Aubrey to me...too cute!)

Anonymous said...

Wow you have been busy and such fun things to be busy with!! The girls are cute as always:)

Susan said...

Aubrey is so cute! I think you guys are going to have to share some recipes with us. It all sounds sooo yummy.

Lyndee W. said...

Can you believe it? Brooke is now only 2 ounces lighter than Sean was at birth! WOW!

The Crazy Clawson's said...

oh she is getting so big, both of them are...your little baby is so sweet.....im glad all is well for you.....

Keri said...

Aubrey looks so huge next to Brooke. Looks like you guys are doing great with two little girls! We loved the announcement. I've been stalking you from bloglines on a regular basis, but I had to pop in and tell you how cute the girls are!

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

in that picture of aubrey by the wall, she looks just like you!