Sunday, June 14, 2009

It's All in the Tips of her Fingers

I am just LOVING Aubrey's little imagination these days. She is always pretending that she has something like a baby or bees or birds in her hands. Whenever she wants to get a pretend something she will pinch the top of her fingers and pull it out of her fingers. Apparently she has magic fingers that she can pull out whatever she wants. It just cracks me up. She will even say, "Get bees out of my fingers" and then "Aubrey has bees in her hands." It is really cute. Lately, she is into catching birds. She will flap her hands like wings and say, "Aubrey sees a bird." Then she will jump up and catch it and carry it around the house. She also likes to hand things over to Brooke. And everything she gives Brooke is a baby. Like today she was catching her birds and then she gave Brooke the baby bird to hold in her hand. Yesterday was funny because she pulled a baby out of her fingers. She was holding her for awhile and then decided to put her in Brooke's baby swing. Well a little while later I put Brooke in the swing. Aubrey saw it a few moments later and was real concerned because Brooke was sitting on her "pretend" baby in the swing. I assured her that they could both fit in the swing together and that appeased her.

Is Aubrey Two or a Teenager

Aubrey has been pretty emotional this last week. She must be going through some kind of emotional growth spurt or something. Anyway, the other day she got upset because she couldn't have her way on something. She started to throw a fit and then all of a sudden, ran back into her room and slammed the door shut. Jeff and I just chuckled because it seemed like such a teenager type thing to do. She fussed in there for a while and then came out happy. I kind of hope she decides to do that during all of her fits!

Yesterday Aubrey was eating in her high chair and we were talking. She was asking if her Aunts and Uncles could come over and see her. I let her know that most of them were at work but that maybe they could see her another day. I was doing dishes and noticed that Aubrey got very quiet and was sitting very still. So I went over to her and saw the saddest little expression on her face. So I asked her if she was all right, and big tears started rolling down her cheeks. It was so sad. I couldn't get her to tell me what was wrong, just that she was sad. So, I took her in my arms and we went and read stories - and that cheered her right up. It was so strange and it seemed like a very teenager like thing to do. Is this a normal phase in a toddler girls life? Has anyone else's toddler behaved in a similar fashion?

I finally got a good pic of Brooke's pucker! I love it!

Aubrey cannot resist giving Brooke hugs whenever she has access to her. Brooke has been handling it pretty well. I hope they will be good friends.

Aubrey had to show Brooke how her toys worked!

Then she brought stories over and started reading to her.

Brooke's just chillin' during tummy time.

Aubrey has been really into water painting lately. It's the first thing she asks to do in the morning. She does a great job at it and it doesn't make too much of a mess - so I love this activity.

Toys R Us was having a little promotional play date on Saturday. They had coloring pages, bingo & story time. They gave out these "Super why" masks, stickers and temp. tattoo. Here is Aubrey showing off her mask and tattoo. I put the tattoo on her tummy cause I didn't think it would look real pretty with her dress on Sunday on her arm.

We finally have been able to eat some of our peas this week! I am so happy!! Aubrey loves them too! Everyday she asks to go outside an pick more peas. Then she loves eating the, "little baby peas" right out of the pod!

The pretty rainbow we had on Saturday. Aubrey loved seeing a rainbow for the first time!


Cuddling with daddy during an emotional moment.

My little cutie all ready for church.

Sleeping so peacefully and looking so pretty! I love the sweet little expression on her face.

I love this little hand me down outfit from my sis in law, Karen. Aubrey only got to wear it once right after she was born because the weather warmed up so quick- and the time she wore it, it was too large for her. The only thing that made me happy about the yucky weather we've been having is that it was cool enough for Brooke to wear this cute running suit!

Sweet Sisters

Yesterday while I was nursing Brooke, Aubrey asked if she could hold her. I told her that she could after I was done feeding her. Aubrey then said, "Aubrey feed baby Brooke with Aubrey's tummy." It was too funny! After I was done feeding Brooke, I put Brooke on Aubrey's lap. She looked down at her and said in a sweet little high pitched voice (the kind adults talk to babies in), "Oooh Baby Brooke is so cute. I love you Baby Brooke." It was just the sweetest thing I have ever seen. I wish I could have captured that moment on video!

Weaned from the Bottle Finally

I have struggled getting to weaning Aubrey from the bottle. She absolutely will not drink milk from a cup or a sippy cup - only from the bottle. I've been worried about Aubrey not getting the milk that she needs if I took away the bottle. At Brooke's 2 month appointment I asked the doctor how much milk a 2 year old needs and explained how Aubrey would only drink it from a bottle. He let me know that at 2 they need 12 oz of dairy and can get it from other sources than just milk. He said that I should take her off of the bottle because she is too old (which I already knew, of course). He said to give her dairy from things like yogurt and cheese and then after a while she might miss milk and be willing to drink it from a cup. So that evening I was telling Jeff what the doctor said. Aubrey was there and listening. So I reminded her that the doctor said she was too old for a bottle so she wouldn't get a bottle anymore. And that was the end of it. She has not asked for a bottle or had a single fuss about it since. This is the girl who would ask for her milk the minute she woke up in the morning and as soon as her jammies were on at night. Apparently, she thinks whatever the doctor says goes. I think I'll have to use the doctor card more often!

Brooke's Smile

This morning Aubrey and I went to get Brooke out of the bouncy chair and into the stroller. As soon as Brooke saw us, she looked up and gave us the biggest smile! It was so sweet. Aubrey giggled delightedly and said, "Baby Brooke smiled!" I think it was the first time she had seen her smile. I love how Aubrey knows that it is something special to see Brooke smile!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those two are just way to cute! Those peas from your garden look delish:)

Anonymous said...

Heather, I'm right here with you with the emotional two-year old. It's amazing how fast Molly can get upset about something, throw a little fit or pout for a while, go calm herself down, and be fine. It's good to hear it's not too unusual. Isn't it hilarious what they come up with and what they say, though? Keeps things interesting, that's for sure. Cute girls you have!