Wednesday, June 24, 2009

There's Nothing Sweeter Than a Baby's Smile

Brooke has been smiling so much lately - and I finally got some pictures! She has a little tickle spot under her chin - that you can almost always get a smile from her if you tickle it. I love to see her budding personality coming through her smile.



Pleasant smile



Shy smile

Exuberant smile!
Brooke has also found her tongue lately and is always sticking it out and playing with it.

She also has such strong leg muscles and can stand for really long periods of time. (Maybe it won't take her until 16 months to walk like Aubrey!)

She is also making such good eye contact now. She loves to just look at faces. It is so sweet when I am holding her to look down and see her just staring up at me. This week she has started turning her head to sounds. I feel like she has really started to come alive these last few weeks. We are still waiting on the cooing - but think it will be coming soon.

Jeff has a picture of Aubrey in this BYU onsie in his office - so I had to get one for him of Brooke too! I love how her eyes look in the above pic. It looks like she is going to have beautiful blue eyes like Aubrey and Daddy! I Love it!

Aunt Summer read the posts about Aubrey wanting "her people" to come over - so she came over just to see Aubrey. What a good Aunt. And as you can see from the pics. - Aubrey was really glad to see her!

The weather has finally warmed up this week! So tonight we cleaned out the pool and got it ready to go swimming again. Aubrey was so happy and had to help with the cleaning and filling up of the pool.

You may not be able to tell from the picture - but Aubrey is soaking wet! Luckily it was quite warm and she was having a blast.

After she got bored of the pool - she thought she should get even a little more wet in the sprinklers.

Thanks to my friend Kim who posted about playing with sidewalk chalk - we got some and Aubrey has been having a blast with it. She says, "Aubrey drawing family." And then goes through everybody's names as she draws.

Aubrey is becoming so conversational these days. The other day Jeff was working on a little project and Aubrey came over and said, "What doing Daddy?" It was real cute to see her starting a conversation. Then today I told her we were going on a little walk. She responded with, "Where we going Mommy?" I think it is sooo much fun to watch her language expand and grow. Lately, whenever we ask her questions she'll respond with, "yeah sure" or "oh sure" The tone of her voice is so adult like - it just cracks me up. She is also so cute when she talks to Brooke - because it is always in the high pitched tone that adults use when talking to babies. It's so darling. It's also quite helpful - because it helps me know when she is around Brooke and I can keep a closer eye on her.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brooke is just darling! I love that Summer came to visit Aubrey, such a sweetie:)

Anonymous said...

Glad to have given a good idea with the sidewalk chalk...when will we be seeing pictures of your chalk family? Just kidding. Brooke is looking more and more like Aubrey! Don't the smiles make everything worth it?

Summer Carlile said...

Oh I wish I could see her smile! You girls are so cute, and I had so much fun playing with aubrey!

Lyndee W. said...

How sweet is that smile!!!?

Karen said...

Love the smiles!! What a cutie.