Monday, June 1, 2009

Completely Unplanned Fun Weekend

We had absolutely nothing planned for the weekend (I'll be honest - that's pretty much the way it is every weekend). Jeff had to work extra long on Saturday - so it was just gonna be me and the girls most of the day. Saturday morning as I was getting Aubrey ready to go in the pool - I thought it would be fun to have one of my sisters & hubbys come and hang out with us. So, I called one - no answer. Called another - no answer. So I gave up on that idea. Well a little while later they both called back and wanted to come over and play. Aubrey had a blast playing with Summer and then Esther and then Bryan all day. She was having so much fun that I didn't get her down for her nap until 3:00 - yikes!

When each one arrived Aubrey wanted them to chase her around the backyard.

Catch me if you can Uncle Bryan!

With all of the audience - Aubrey had the most fun she has had in a while in her pool. The little show off!

Trying the squirt Uncle Bryan

Showing off her swimming skills

She decided all of her toys needed to go down the slide with her. She would fill up her bathing suit with as many of the small toys as she could and then put the Frisbee and float over head. Then she would say to Aunt Esther, "all ready" - which meant put me at the top of the slide.

Since Aubrey was all wet - the bubbles were sticking all over her. She got a kick out of that.

Summer did a great job of keeping Brooke happily sleeping on her lap. At one point Summer wished out loud that the ice cream man would come by. A few hours later we hear some music coming down the street. We all run out front and around the corner and there was the ice cream man. Summer's got powers!

Aubrey has never seen the ice cream man before. I think she thought it was pretty fun to get ice cream out of a musical truck. Aunt Esther bought her a Dora ice cream - which she loved.

When Jeff got home he had bought chicken wings and had found a recipe for Wingers sauce. So we decided that an impromptu BBQ was in order. The wings were fabulous - the sauce tastes almost exactly like Wingers - which is one of my most favorite foods!

Aubrey played so hard that she took a 3 hour nap. When I went in at 6:00 to get her up for the BBQ- this is what I saw. Usually just opening her door wakes her up - not this time - she was out!

After the BBQ it was bath time. I figured since I had extra hands there to help - I would just bathe them both at the same time. Aubrey was so excited to take a tubby with Baby Brooke. We have been talking about the two of them taking a bath together when Brooke gets bigger. She had been looking forward to bathing with Brooke and sharing her toys with her. As you see in the pic. above, Aubrey is trying to share her doll with Brooke. What a sweetie.

I love how Brooke is looking right at me in this picture.

After we got Aubrey to bed we watched I Spy. It was really funny.

Esther & Bryan had been planning on going to Vegas - but changed their plans at the last minute. So, they decided to come to church with us too. It was nice to have the extra hands at church. I actually got to be in Primary the entire time on Sunday!

My Pretty little Princess!

Brooke's eyes are really starting to lighten up. I think we may just have another blue eyed girl!

After church we needed to BBQ the left over hot dogs and eat up the chips, potato salad and watermelon. It was yummy - but we were missing the delectable Wingers wings!

Bryan holding Brooke for the first time. What took you so long!

I love lazy Sunday afternoons!

Aubrey helping daddy sweep up.

She just LOVES to help! (Well as long as it is not picking up her toys)

It was a fun weekend without any advanced planning. Those are the best!

3 comments:

Esther Attridge said...

It seriously was such a fun weekend. Thanks for the invite to play Saturday afternoon (which led to Sunday evening)!!

Lyndee W. said...

That sounds like soooo much fun!

Angelina Christina said...

Elise has the exact same outfit Aubrey is wearing (pink & brown), Mason wanted you to know. Brooke is so adorable, both you're girls are a good mix of both you and Jeff.