Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Man Oh Man

This afternoon we were driving home from the library. Brooke was hungry and so she screamed the whole way home. When we got home, I quickly got Aubrey out of her car seat and was rushing to get Brooke. I shut Aubrey's door and immediately heard Aubrey start screaming. I look at her and she is holding out her fingers and just wailing. She must have had her fingers in the hinge area of the car door when I closed it. So I pick Aubrey up and hug her and check out her fingers. I make sure she can wiggle them - which she can - thank goodness. So now I have two girls screaming at the top of their lungs. I get Aubrey inside, get her an ice pack and another quick hug - run back into the garage to get Brooke. Meanwhile Aubrey has not settled down yet and Brooke is still wailing. I give Aubrey another hug and tell her that I am going to get Brooke out of the car seat so I can hug them both. That seems to calm Aubrey down, so I turn around and start getting Brooke out of her car seat. Before I finish I hear a thud and then Aubrey starts screaming again. I look over and she has somehow fallen off of the couch and hit her head on the coffee table on the way down to our hard wood floors. I run back to Aubrey and see if she is OK. It looks like it scared her more than hurt her. Brooke is still wailing away. I finish getting Brooke out and pick her up - which settles her temporarily. We sit on the couch and I hug both of my girls and finally Aubrey is happy! Man what a moment we had! Luckily neither of Aubrey's accidents caused much damage and Brooke was happy once she was fed.

What is the best way to drift off to sleep? Cheek to cheek with my Daddy, of course!

5 comments:

Tammy and Mark said...

It's always nice when you have a relaxing day! That was so sad and funny at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Uh oh, sounds like a traumatic few moments for the 3 of you! Very cute pictures of the sleepy heads!

TheAndFam said...

Man oh man! I hate when I have moments like that. I've had plenty of those when Ben is really little like that. I just have to remember that none of them are dying so I have to tend to the one that needs my most help. That picture of Brook and Jeff... so sweet. I love those moments!

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

and i bet you were exhausted after all of that. good nap time...

Karen said...

Good thing kids don't remember these things. Oh the joys. Hang in there. They will grow up.