Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day Jeff! You are a fabulous father and husband. I know that Aubrey loves you so much. You are so much fun with her - but also know how to teach and discipline. I know that Brooke will adore you too! We are so grateful for all that you do and for having you in our family!

Ever since valentine's Jeff has asked a few times for me to make sugar cookies. Since, they are a much more time consuming (and mess making) cookie, I put that off until it was a special occasion. Aubrey loved making them last time so I figured we would make them for Daddy for Father's day.

As soon as Jeff left for work on Saturday we started making the cookies. We had to get them made, frosted, decorated, cleaned up and hidden before Jeff got home from work in the afternoon or we'd spoil the surprise. Luckily we made it in time!

Aubrey loved mixing the dough. She kept saying, "Aubrey mixing" the whole time.

The cookie cutting was a big hit also.

After awhile of cookie cutting, Aubrey took a break and went and played with Brooke. She brought her toys and was talking and hugging her. I love this picture of Brooke just looking at her big sis.

Aubrey's favorite part is putting on the sprinkles.

Then she remembered how tasty they are and had to try a few!

I love that expression with sprinkles hanging from her mouth!

Some of her finished creations. I don't have any masculine cookie cutters -so we had to go with masculine colors to try to disguise the fact that they are flowers, butterflies, teddy bears, etc.

Aubrey also made a painting for daddy and colored a card.

Brooke was a little angel the whole time and was pretty much sitting contentedly in her bouncy chair all morning!

We also made a garden stone for daddy. It has Aubrey's hand print and Brooke's 2 little feet. Aubrey had a blast making it!

This morning Aubrey was excited to take daddy his presents. She even remembered that we had hid the stone in the garage and went right to the garage to help get it for daddy.

Daddy and his two girls.

While mommy made breakfast - Aubrey and daddy played piggy back rides.

We had Jeff's favs of biscuits and gravy, hash browns and bacon for breakfast.

Aubrey has been sick for the past few days, so we didn't want to take her to church. Jeff thought it would be fun to get to spend some one on one time with her while Brooke and I went to church. While we were gone they made a tent in the front room. Aubrey just loved it!

For dinner I made Jeff Balsamic Glazed Pork chops, corn on the cob, stuffing and salad. I didn't make any dessert since we have a house full of sugar cookies!

I hope that you had a great Father's Day Jeff. We LOVE YOU!

To My Daddy

I also wanted to wish my dad a Happy Father's Day. My dad is such a great father. He loves his children and always wants to know everything going on with us. He loves that we all have blogs so that he can keep track of what we are doing! If we are talking to my mom on the phone and he is there, he will sit next to her and listen to her end of the conversation so he won't miss any juicy details of our lives! He has always been a teacher, friend and spiritual leader in our home. I am grateful for all of the day trips he helped plan while we were young and all of the long car trips he now takes to visit us. He is willing to drive out to see us for pretty much any occasion you can think of! He is pretty much tied with Jeff as the best dad on the planet! I love you Dad - Happy Father's Day!

To My Father-in-law

Happy Father's Day to Jeff's dad also! I have always enjoyed being around my father in law. He has a really fun sense of humor and a very contagious laugh! I enjoy going to Canada and watching Westerns every night into the wee hours of the morning. I also love that he too wants to hear everything about our girls. Whenever he's on the phone he always asks to hear all of the funny Aubrey stories. I also love that he taught Jeff how to be so handy! He can fix up anything with a little creativity and he has taught Jeff to be the same! Happy Father's Day and we can't wait to see you next month!

3 comments:

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

that sounds awesome!

Karen said...

What a cute family you have. I love all the good food you made. And I have to say that your girls are just so so cute! Have a great day.

Karine Jones said...

Oh your kids are so cute! Aubrey looks like a little cabbage patch kid! I could just see her in a magazine or in a commercial on T.V.! I bet if you entered her in a cute baby contest, she would win for sure!