Sunday, August 16, 2009

Aubrey just can't get enough . . .


. . . of her baby sister, that is. Right before I snapped this picture these are the words that Aubrey spoke, "Oh it's my sister! You're my best friend Brookie Bug."


Lately Aubrey has been so into Brooke. She just wants to hold and kiss her all of the time. I love it, most of the time. She has also gotten more aggressive with her - which I don't like. But, it's not mean spirited, it's just that she wants to love her and pick her up and stuff.


On Thursday, it was raining. Aubrey went to the window to see the rain and to hear the thunder. After only a few moments she came running over to Brooke and wanted to take her to see the rain. So, Jeff helped Aubrey hold Brooke over at the window so she could show her.


Look at that big wad of hair that Brooke has in her hand. Aubrey was pretty good about it.



She did start putting her hand over her hair, so Brooke wouldn't do it again.




Yesterday morning I heard Aubrey talking to Brooke at the bassinet. I figured that I better go check it out. There was Aubrey standing next to the bassinet, reading Brooke a story. Brooke was listening too - it was so cute!



While I was doing the last two posts, I put Brooke on Aubrey's bed. (It is right across the hall and in full view from the computer.) Aubrey was coloring next to me and I was hoping she would keep coloring so that I could blog. Of course, she saw Brooke on the bed and went running to her. She then said the words I quoted above, "Oh it's my sister! You're my best friend Brookie Bug." It was so sweet. Then she proceeded to gather her stuffed animals and make dinner for Brooke and her animals. It was really fun to see her playing with her like that. Brooke was a very good sport about it to. I think she was actually enjoying it!


While I have been working on this post, Aubrey has been sitting next to me drawing pictures for Brooke. She has been pretending to write and saying aloud as she writes, "I Love you Brookie Bug." Over and over again. And then she runs over and puts them in Brooke's crib.

I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but Brooke has been pulling herself forward in the swing. Her abdominal muscles are getting so strong. She's well on her way to sitting up.

She's such a little snuggler my little Sleeping Beauty.

On Jeff's way to work on Saturday, he saw a old swing set on the side of the road for free. He brought it home for Aubrey. The above picture is her seeing it for the first time and running as fast as she can to it.

She really liked the Teeter Totter. After we came inside there was the sound of a truck outside. Aubrey said, "I hear thunder sounds mommy, I hope it doesn't rain on my teeter totter." Funny kid!

One night a week Jeff is at scouts while I am getting Aubrey for bed. Usually Aubrey is asleep before he gets home. This week while daddy was at scouts Aubrey said her bedtime prayers as usual. After she was finished she said, "Oh I forgot to say, Bless daddy to come home safe." So she started over and added that part. It was sooooo Sweet. Daddy loved that story when I told him.

No comments: