Friday, August 14, 2009

My Funny Aubrey

There is always so much to say about my Aubrey Kaye. She keeps us laughing and crying all at the same time. Oh those 2 year olds!

For those of you who loved the fact that Aubrey spoke in 3rd person will be sad to hear that that is all over now. She has learned to appropriately use the words, "I, me, mine, you, yours" etc. For a few days she would begin her sentences with Aubrey like usual and then stop and start over using the correct pronoun. It was really interesting to see her working on it. Then after a couple of days she had it down pat. Every once in a while she'll use the wrong pronoun - but most of the time she's got it right.

Aubrey has also started talking so politely lately. Most of the time she says, "Please mommy . . ." when she wants something. She has began thanking me without being prompted. My favorite though is when she says, "Sorry mommy" or "Sorry bear". She pretty much apologizes to everything lately. It's so cute.

She is definitely in the questioning phase. Every morning she'll ask, "Where are we going today?" All day long I hear, "What's that?" I know the next phase will be, "But why?" I'll have to start studying up on things so I'll have some answers for her when she asks me why.

I also love when I ask her a question and she says, "hmm" while she thinks about it. Sometimes she'll even say, "Hmm, I'm thinking about it."

Last week Daddy went on a scout camp. He was only gone for 1 night and 2 days - but Aubrey missed him so much. Saturday morning she asked me where daddy was. I told her he was camping and that he would be home after her nap. She responded with, "I'm ready for my nap now." What a little sweet heart. Later that day she went and knocked on the garage door (that is usually how we come in and out of the house) and said, "Daddy come home now." Once again I told her that he would be home after her nap - she then repeated, "I'm ready for my nap now." I love to see her missing her daddy! When he did come home - she was his little shadow. She helped him unpack the car while asking him for a piggy back ride the entire time. It was really funny. She had to wait until they were all done - and she was real patient about it.

Look dad, I fit in Brooke's bumbo chair!

It's the getting out that's the hard part!

Aubrey has been really loving her sister lately. A little too much sometimes. She loves that Brooke can sit up better and so it's easier to hold her. She wants to hold her all of the time. The other day Aubrey had poor little Brooke's cheeks in her hands and she was moving her head side to side. Brooke was not enjoying that, so I asked her to stop. Her reply was, "I'm doing Hockey Pockey and I'm trying to turn herself around." It was really funny - but Poor Brooke though!

She also likes to try and make Brooke smile. We were grocery shopping last week. Aubrey was in the seat and Brooke was in the wrap facing Aubrey. They were only a few inches from each other. Aubrey loved that. She kept patting her cheeks and saying, "Hi Brookie Bug." Then she started making funny faces and funny sounds to try and make her smile. It was really cute. I couldn't see Brooke's face - but I bet she was smiling.

The other day while Aubrey was holding Brooke she said to Jeff and I, "I'm babysitting." Then she started patting her back and saying, "Burp Brooke." It was so cute. Yesterday Brooke was on my lap and she started to spit up. Aubrey said, "I know what to do" and ran down the hall. Then she came running back with a burp cloth and proceeded to wipe Brooke's mouth. I've also seen Aubrey walk by Brooke and see that she has drool or bubbles on her mouth. She'll pick up the top of her shirt and wipe off the drool. What a little cutie.

The other day I heard Aubrey say, "I want to take a picture of you daddy. Stand against the wall daddy." Then she proceeded to take pictures of daddy with her toy camera. I wonder where she ever got that idea!

Taking a picture of her animals playing the "number game." (that's what she calls Rummicube.)

The other day while we were in the car, Aubrey was playing with some of her animals. One of her animals was starting to fall off of her lap. As she caught it she said, "Don't ever ever do that bear!" It was so funny to me because when she tries to do something that could be dangerous that's exactly what I say. It's funny hearing my words coming out of her mouth!

Now where did Brooke's pacifier go? I wonder who could have put it in Bingo's mouth!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather you are so good about updating all the changes that your girls are going through how fun it will be for them to read when they grow up a bit!!