Saturday, August 15, 2009

We're Excited!

We finally got our caterpillars last week. For Christmas Jeff got Aubrey & I a kit for hatching butterflies. In it was a coupon to mail in for the caterpillars.

Anyway, we finally decided to hatch us some butterflies. All week we have had fun watching the caterpillars grow. When they came in the mail last weekend, I told Aubrey all about the process that we would be watching. The last couple of days the caterpillar's have started to turn into chrysalides. It has been so interesting to watch this happen.

Yesterday I held Aubrey up to see them and she got really excited and said, "Look Mommy the caterpillars are turning upside down. I see a chrysalis right there and right there." Then she proceeded to say, "When they are all upside down then we'll put them in their home. (the butterfly pavilion) Then they will pop out and be butterflies. Then I will hold them in my hands and tickle them." That kid has an incredible memory! I did mention the word chrysalis as we were looking at them, otherwise she probably wouldn't have remembered that word. But the rest of the process we hadn't talked about since they first came. I am not sure where she got the idea that she would hold and tickle them though! Funny kid!

No comments: