Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Harvesting

Last year Aubrey LOVED picking the cherry tomatoes from the garden. We had quite a few ready last week - so I took Aubrey out to see if she would enjoy it this year. As we were going out, I told her what we were doing and asked her if she remembered doing it last year. She said "no." Then I showed her what to do. She started picking them and after a few moments looked up at me, with excitement on her face, and said, "I remember mommy." I think she actually did remember.

She absolutely LOVED picking the tomatoes! She would investigate for red ones and then say, "I see one way in there" or "way down there" or "way up there". It was really fun hearing her use such descriptive words while she was picking tomatoes.

First we pick them,

then we put them in the bowl.

Looking for more - she didn't want to be finished!

Here she is with her bowl of tomatoes. After we were finished she helped me rinse them off with a hose. Then while my back was turned she tried one. I turned back to see the sour look on her face and her spitting the tomato out. It was funny - I just wish I got that on camera!

While we were picking tomatoes - Brooke was contentedly sitting in her bouncy in the shade! What a sweet little thing she is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Aubrey didn't like eating the tomatoes! Molly will eat those like candy. We have some from our garden as well, and Molly is so excited whenever she can get her hands on them.