Sunday, August 2, 2009

Beautiful Cross Stitch & Fun in the Sun

Jeff's Mom has made beautiful cross stitches for each of her grandchildren. This is the one she made for Brooke. It is so darling. I love that it is personalized just for Brooke.

The below cross stitch is the one she made for Aubrey when she was first born. It's really neat because it's a Precious Moments family tree.

Thanks Mom for the beautiful cross stitches. They are such wonderful mementos for them. I know that my girls will cherish them forever!

On Saturday we went swimming at Summer & Steve and Esther & Bryan's apartment. Elliot and Katie came too. We had fun hanging with family!

Pool piggies with Uncle Bryan

Playing games with Bryan & Esther.

My little bathing beauty. We tried Brooke out in a floaty this week on Thursday & Saturday. She likes it - for short periods of time.

The gang minus Summer (who is taking the picture.)

We had to get Summer in a picture too!

Elliot & Bryan playing catch with an Aubrey ball!

Aubrey loves playing with her Aunts & Uncles!

Chillin' with Esther & Bryan

Brooke and Uncle Elliot

Aubrey's lining up continues!

These shoes just cracked me up when I saw them. Did you notice that all of the toes are pointing forward?

Aubrey loves games and lining things up. I found the perfect game for her to play with - Rummikub!

She has been lining up those numbers just about everyday this last week. Look at how compact she can get those rows.

I thought Brooke looked so cute in her robe and slippers. She however was not happy when I laid her down to take her picture. She does have the cutest mad face though!

Gotta love the Relief Society swap meet. Aubrey just loves riding the Rocking Panda. She watched a whole show on it one morning!

Brooke is still loving the swing! It makes me so happy! She spent 5 to 6 hours in it two days in a row this week! Such a welcome change from how Aubrey was as a baby.

Brooke just snoozes away in the swing!

Aubrey thinks it is fun to push Brooke on the swing. So far she is pretty gentle when pushing her.

Aubrey is quite intrigued with the remote. She has discovered how to pause and unpause the TV. She loves to do it over and over again while exclaiming, "I paused the show!" It must make her feel so powerful!

My sweet little Brookie Bug!

This is Aubrey lining up her animal spectators for her make believe firework show. This is now a several times a day occurrence. After she lines up her animals then she calls for me and Jeff to come and sit down and watch fireworks. Then she pulls fireworks out of her fingers, puts them up in the sky and says "boom". Then she'll tell us what colors they are. Lately she has been catching the fireworks and giving them to us as well.

Saturday morning, first thing (6:30 am), she started putting together her animals for the fireworks display. She kept calling for me to come and see it. I kept telling her I'd come later. Then after awhile I just started not responding - hoping she would let me catch a few more zzz's. Finally she came up to the bed and asked me ever so sweetly to come and watch the fireworks. I couldn't say "no", so I started getting out of bed. Aubrey says, "Oh Mommy's awake. I was worried about you mommy!" It was so cute and funny.

Once she got me down on the floor she did a few fireworks and then started pulling make believe doggies out of her fingers and setting them on the floor beside us. Then she called for daddy to come and watch the fireworks. He came and started to sit down and Aubrey said, "Be real careful daddy, there's doggies right there." I think she may be taking after Uncle Elliot and his imaginary friends! She sure does keep us laughing and smiling! There's never a dull moment with that girl!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how Aubrey lined up all her shoes in a nice neat row!!

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

i love the "aubrey in mid air" pics, i have a few of emma like that at this age...

Summer Carlile said...

She really is turning into me! I think I lined stuff up several times a day until I was like 10 so it might be awhile until she gets out of that stage!