Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine Cookies



What is Valentine's day without crafts and goodies! We've had fun the last couple of days making Valentine crafts. I can't post what we made yesterday since we don't want daddy to see until Sunday. Today we made Peanut Butter heart shaped cookies with a chocolate glaze and sprinkles on top. Daddy's favorite cookie is Peanut Butter, so I decided to make those instead of the standard sugar cookie.

To make them heart shaped, I baked them as large round cookies and then cut them out with a cookie cutter as soon as I got them out of the oven. I wasn't sure how they would turn out, but it worked perfectly.



Then I piped on some chocolate glaze and handed them off to Aubrey to add the sprinkles.



Decorating with candy or sprinkles is one of Aubrey's favorite things to do!

And what was Brooke doing during the baking and glaze making, why playing with cookie cutters and Tupperware of course!







Our little puppy doggie (Brooke) has discovered that anytime Aubrey is at the table, there is generally food remnants on the floor beneath her. So, she bum hops or scoots her way over to the table to see what scraps she can find.



Oh, what am I gonna do with this little girl! I love that she looks like she got caught with her hand in the cookie jar in the top picture. And her smile is to die for in the below picture!



Aubrey got good at the two handed approach to cookie sprinkling.



And her are our finished cookie creations! I thought they turned out just as cute as sugar cookies and they were much easier with a lot less mess!




Valentines from Grandma Buell

The girls got a fun valentine surprise in the mail from G&G Buell this morning.



Don't they look just darling in their pink shades!



Brooke absolutely loved this squishy green froggy from Grandma.



Aubrey loved all her gifts. These Mickey & Minnie pens are too cute. They have a magnetic head and when you make them kiss their eyes close. I had fun with that for quite a while today.



Aubrey went straight to work decorating with her gel heart stickers. I Love these gel stickers that Grandma Buell always sends. They stick anywhere and then can be removed and repositioned over and over. Aubrey has lots of fun with them.



Thanks Grandma & Grandpa Buell for the fun Valentine gift. The girls had a blast with their gifts this morning!

3 comments:

John and Ann Tolman said...

YUM! I don't care who decorates the cookies...they all look great to me! Happy V-Day Buell family.

Anonymous said...

I second that, those Peanut Butter Valentine cookies look delish!

Esther Attridge said...

Those look so good - I think I'm gonna try that!!