Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mock Melting Pot



For our Valentine's date this year my Bro & SIL, Elliot & Katie, put together a Fondue party for all of us local sibs.



Katie decked out the dinning room all in red. It looked really pretty.





Even Sophie was dressed up for the occasion!



Here is the whole gang ready to eat our scrumptious food.



Here are some of the delights waiting for us.



They even found a website that sells alcohol free wine and champagne. It has absolutely no alcohol. I did discover that even if I weren't LDS I would not be an alcoholic or even a social drinker. I didn't like the taste of any of it at all!



At each place setting Katie had some phrases. We were supposed to try to say them during dinner without being caught. Only a few phrases were able to slide by - we were all really good lie detectors. Jeff tried to sneak in that he doesn't like recliners. As if! If there is an empty recliner around, Jeff is the first to sit in it! Like I'm not going to know that's a line! It was a fun game!







First we started off with a yummy spicy mexican cheese fondue. We dipped bread, chips, celery & apples into it.



Then it was onto the meat. We had filet mignon, new york strip, chicken & shrimp. Katie even made some yummy dipping sauces to put them in after we cooked them in the fondue. My favorite was the sesame dipping sauce.



And last but not least was the chocolate fondue. It was delicious. We had cookies, brownies, strawberries, bananas, graham crackers, marshmallows & pretzels to dip in it.







It was all delicious! Thanks for your hard work and the really fun fondue date night Elliot & Katie!

3 comments:

Karen said...

It looks fantastic. I am loving the idea. So fun. Sad we aren't locals.

Anonymous said...

Katie you totally spoiled everyone with your wonderful talents!!! The cheese dip is making my mouth water, my lunch does not look anywhere as good as that!!!!

Shannon said...

o my, that looks fantastic! I am really loving that game too. Seriously that would be a crack up.
Way to go Katie on such a perfect Valentines!!