Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's Day



I hope everybody had a Happy Valentine's Day. It was fun that it was on Sunday, cause that means daddy was with us all day, and I got to dress up my little cuties in their red dresses and have them look all darling!

When we were making daddy's valentines, I told Aubrey that we would put the hand and footprints that the girls made at the door, ring the doorbell and hide. Well as soon as we all woke up on Sunday that's all Aubrey could talk about. I kept trying to shush her, because it was supposed to be a surprise. She kept telling daddy to get dressed, she must have known that he would have to be decent to answer the door. When he was finally dressed, we went outside (not as sneakily as I had hoped) to ding dong ditch daddy's valentines from us all.



Daddy liked his little valentines.





Here's the finished products.



Then while the girls were looking at daddy's gifts I snuck out to ding dong ditch the girls valentines. Aubrey was surprised because she was too excited about giving daddy's his, that she didn't even think about that she would get one too.



Brooke was just all smiles, what a little cutie!



Aubrey was given a little people house with a family for Christmas. The family consists of a Mom, Dad & baby. Frequently Aubrey says, "I wish my house has a big sister." So I found a big sister for Aubrey's house for her valentine's gift.



And my little chocoholic needed a box of chocolates as well!



Brooke loves to bang on things, so I got her a little drum that she thought was fun.



And of course, Aubrey had to get into the action as well.



The drumsticks are really fun to chew on as well!



Then I made a little valentine's breakfast.



Brooke enjoyed the pancakes a lot!



After church daddy made us a YUMMY dinner. He grilled us T-bone stake and made us twice baked potatoes and chef's salad. It was divine.



No steak for Brookie - but doesn't she look sooooo cute!



After dinner daddy and the girls gave me their card and some chocolate.



Oh yeah, and Jeff brought home flowers on Saturday for me.



Before tubby time Aubrey had to do some of her new make up!



It was a really fun weekend. Unfortunately, Jeff & I woke up on Sunday morning with sore throats and Jeff is all stuffed up. So Monday we didn't get to go do anything fun, cause we felt all yucky. But, it's always nice to stay home together and do nothing!

2 comments:

Summer Carlile said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic day.

Lyndee W. said...

What an enjoyable holiday!