Friday, December 4, 2009

A Surprise Party for Daddy



Jeff's birthday was last Friday. Since we had Thanksgiving plans that day, we decided to surprise him a couple days early and have a little party on Wednesday. Jeff doesn't love being the center of attention, so by little I mean, just the 4 of us and my parents who came into town that afternoon.

Jeff likes being surprised and Aubrey loves parties, so I thought it would be fun to decorate and make a little party for him so he'd be surprised when he got home from work. Well, Monday night he informs me that he took Tues. and Wed. off of work. Normally I'd be thrilled, but I was planning on baking for his party Tues. and decorating Wed. Both of these events needed to occur without him being there. He ended up going to a movie with a friend Tues., so I baked like crazy for those few hours. Wednesday he had some shopping to do, so I had to convince him over and over again that he should go after the kids went down for naps. I wanted him gone right before dinner so I could decorate and get dinner all ready for the surprise. After much convincing I finally got him out of the house at the time I needed him to be gone.

My parents got there about an hour before he got home, which was great because they helped pull it all together. Which I needed because the girls took little tiny mini naps and then were clingy when they woke up.

Anyway, it all worked out. Aubrey was sooooo excited to surprise daddy. We all yelled surprise when he walked in. He had a very perplexed look upon his face until he saw the "Happy Birthday" sign. He hadn't even thought about his birthday, since he knew we had lots of Thanksgiving stuff for the next few days. He said Aubrey was beaming with excitement as she yelled surprise.

We had a dinner of stew with homemade bread bowls, salad, cheese ball and crackers.

Then Jeff opened presents.



Aubrey was all too happy to help with the opening.







Then we had lemon bars (I made those instead of cake because Jeff doesn't like cake too much) and ice cream.



Aubrey was once again very helpful with the blowing out of the candle.





Then my parents watched the girls for us so we could go out to a movie. Jeff was even nice enough to choose, "New Moon", which we both enjoyed.

Then we made a stop at Walmart for a few forgotten items we needed for the weekend. Even that is fun when it is child free and leisurely!

On the way home Jeff said it was the best birthday he's had in a long while. Which of course made me very happy too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jeff! Such cute girls:)