Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving


Our Thanksgiving day started bright and early, as does every day. I don't know if I'll ever come
to terms with the fact that my children are morning people. It's just that I am sooooo not a morning person and it makes me very sad every morning when I am woken up between 5 and 6.

Anyway, my mom was kind enough to entertain the little monkeys while I got to sleep a bit more!

When I got up Aubrey was having a ball doing hair with Grandma.





After their hair was done, it was time to doctor up Brooke.



Brooke is always a very willing patient.



Then we were off to my sister Cindy's house to spend the day.

We gave JJ his Christmas present early, because I wanted to see if it would fit.



It fit like a glove! I was so happy because I have really been struggling with sizing the hats correctly.





Brooke and JJ having a little bonding time.



Then I did a little crochet class for Katie, Summer & Esther. I taught them how to make a headband with a flower. Summer and I finished ours and they turned out really cute. I made mine for Aubrey and will get a picture of it when she wears it.



Aubrey had fun playing with Grandpa and JJ's motorized car.



Everyone was nice enough to help with my little ones so that I could teach crochet. Here is Brooke having fun with Uncle Steve.



Aubrey & JJ having fun with Aunt Esther.



Brooke took a nice nap on Grandpa's lap while the boys watched a movie.



Aubrey wanted Uncle Bryan to take a "pretend nap" with her.



Boy do I wish it had been a real nap. I decided to give the whole skip nap and have an extra early bedtime thing a try. That was a BIG mistake. As soon as we sat down for dinner, Aubrey was so tired and cranky. Jeff took care of her while I tried to feed Brooke and myself simultaneously. Suffice it to say, now everyone knows why I am such a nap nazi. Aubrey is just such an early riser that she just really needs a nap. Thanksgiving sure is different when you have 2 babies.

All and all it was a fun and relaxing day. (Well except for the whole dinner part of Thanksgiving!) I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving full of food, fun and family!

No comments: