Monday, December 14, 2009

More Holiday Fun!

We usually put up our Christmas Tree in the Family Room. I like it there because that is the room we are in most often and I like to see it as often as possible. Also, it's fun to watch a Christmas movie by the light of the Christmas Tree. Anyway, Jeff wanted to try something different this year and put it in the Front Room. It looked very pretty there, but I missed it in the family room. Anyway, our neighbor was giving away their fiber optic Christmas tree. So now we have one in both rooms. I LOVE IT! I bought more ornaments to decorate the new tree. I found ones that would look perfect in our front room. So last Thursday Aubrey and I undecorated the old Christmas tree, took those ornaments and decorated the new tree and then redecorated the old tree with the new ornaments. Aubrey was thrilled to get to decorate Christmas trees again! And since no one but us will see the one in the Family Room, I kept all of her ornaments exactly where she placed them! And it makes me smile every time I see them.



Brookie very much enjoyed "helping" me wrap presents!



Aubrey has been talking about building snowmen with Daddy ever since we told her that winter was coming. When Jeff came home from work Saturday afternoon he told Aubrey that the snow was perfect for building a snowman. She was so thrilled to hear that news. But she informed him that they had to build two snowmen. A Daddy one and an Aubrey one!



Starting their Daddy Snowman





Gotta Dress him!



And give him a face



While they were working I thought I'd bring out my other "snow bunny".



She really enjoyed being out in the snow.



Eating the snow was her favorite part of it!



All of us with the completed Daddy snowman.





Working on the Aubrey snowman.



Daddy & Aubrey with Daddy Snowman & Aubrey snowman.

Saturday night was our ward Christmas party. They had dinner, a program and then of course the special visitor. Well we were quite tired during the program and just happened to find out where Santa was hiding as he awaited his cue. So, instead of waiting any longer, Santa was nice enough to let us visit with him while he was waiting. And take a few pictures of course!







Aubrey was not the least bit afraid of him this time. I think it was because she was so hyped up. You tell that girl that she's going to a party and she gets really excited.



Tonight for FHE we went on a horse drawn wagon ride through Holiday Lights. It was a lot of fun! One of our favorite new holiday traditions that we started last year.



My cuties all bundled up waiting for the ok to get on the wagon.





Aubrey saying hi to the horses.



The whole family on the wagon and excited to see the lights!





When we first got out in the cold Brooke started fussing a bit, but as soon as she saw the lights she was happy as could be! She stared at the lights the entire time without a peep from her.



And Aubrey, of course, loved every minute of it!



Here are some of the light displays that we saw.





They also had two of Santa's reindeer there. Aubrey was so excited about it when we told her that we heard they might be there. So we went to see them after the lights.



If you look really close on the bottom right you can see the reindeer behind the girls.



Aubrey petting one of the reindeer.

It was a really fun night! I already can't wait to go again next year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great snowmen!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of all the snow you have! I hope some of it heads our way soon. I really want a white Christmas!

John and Ann Tolman said...

Keep your snow, I like to "visit" the snow but then have the sun at my house!Cute little snow bunnies...oh and great snowman!