Monday, December 7, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend Continued

Saturday morning my Mom once again entertained Aubrey while I got a little more shut eye. When I woke up they were playing "3 Little Monkeys swinging in a tree." Aubrey was just cracking up, it was so cute!



Brooke was watching so intently, so she needed a turn too.





Then we got ready and headed to the mall so my girls could meet Santa. Aubrey was super excited.



They have a little train ride that goes around Santa's area. It was too cute.



I didn't think Brooke would get into it, but she loved looking out the window at the trees, elves and presents.



Aubrey watched and watched so she could wave at Santa every time we went around.



Then the moment arrived where the girls got to meet Santa. I lead Aubrey up and first Santa complimented her on her dress. Aubrey was happy about that cause we had been talking about how Santa would like that she was dressed like him. As we walked up Santa asked Aubrey what she wanted for Christmas. She knelt down right by his knee and said, "A Treehouse please" (A toy one.) It was so cute. I asked her if she wanted to sit on his lap and she said, "I'll just sit right here." She wanted to be near him, but not necessarily touch him. I convinced her that it would be fun to take a picture on his lap. So she appeased me. She looked a bit shy, but didn't cry. Brooke also was just fine on Santa's lap.



Then we had to have a ride on the school bus.



Once again Brookie surprised me by enjoying it as much as Aubrey did. Her little personality is just coming out more and more everyday. I LOVE it.



When we got home, Aubrey was in a picture taking mood and wanted me to take one of her with her animals.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the santa outfits! We want to take Molly to see santa, but every time we ask her if she wants to go, she says "No, I don't want to see santa, he's too big" So sad! I'll try and show her the pics of your girls with him and see if that convinces her!