Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Eve Dinner

Jeff did such a great job and worked so hard on our Christmas Eve meal, that I thought it deserved it's own special post.

Since this was our first year celebrating Christmas on our own, Jeff really wanted to make a traditional Christmas dinner. For weeks he researched techniques on cooking turkey, and making homemade stuffing and gravy. He spent some time on Wed. and most of Christmas Eve working on our meal. It turned out delicious! Thanks Jeff - you are so sweet to go through all of that work to make Christmas Eve special for our family!



Isn't that a BEAUTIFUL turkey. Jeff decided to brine it. It was so moist and delicious.



Yummy homemade stuffing.



Delicious potatoes with cheese and bacon and onions. MmMm good.



He made the green bean casserole just for me - because it is one of my favorites.



The rolls - my only partial contribution. We went with Rhodes rolls because I was quite busy the days leading up to Christmas.



Doesn't that look so tasty!



Gingerbread cake for dessert with a yummy cream sauce.

1 comment:

John and Ann Tolman said...

WHAT! Your husband cooks too!!! The dinner look wonderful...I think I need a newer model of Uncle John...one that(helps) cook!