Friday, January 8, 2010

Chuck E Cheese and more . . .

On Wednesday we spent the day with the Cindy, JJ & Cali. We went to Chuck E Cheese's for a play date and for lunch. The minute Aubrey & JJ saw each other, they ran off to play. At first we were pretty much the only ones there. That was awesome!





I had so much fun watching Brooke on the rides. This is the first time that she really enjoyed going on little rides. It was too cute to see her excitement!



Brooke just loved the train ride. You can see her face all lit up!



She even reached out to grab the stirring wheel.





Aubrey thought it was fun to ride with Brookie too. After the train ride where there was room for all 3 of them, we went to a car that only had 2 seats. Aubrey said, "That's ok, I can hold Brooke." She did a really good job of holding on to her the whole ride. What a sweet big sissy!



Aubrey still loves the show. Here she is cutting a rug with Cindy and JJ.



Brooke was just mesmerized by the show. She did do a little dancing, but mostly just starring in complete wonderment.



Brooke even got her first taste of pizza and was in love!

Since Brookie loved the train ride so much, we had to ride it one more time on our way out. It sure is fun doing old things with our little Brooke. She adds an even newer excitement to things.



After Chuck E Cheese and naps we met up with the Merris' at the dollar theater and saw, "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs." I was nervous about having 2 little monkeys all to myself. I made sure to bring lots of snacks for them and miraculously we all sat through the whole show!

It was a fun day Merris' - thanks for sharing it with us!


I'm not so good at remembering to take videos. I think it's because my still shot camera is permanently fused to my hand! Anyway, Brooke is just so cute playing that I thought I'd get a little video of her and her personality at 8 months. (Well almost 9 months)






I love how my Brookie is breathing new life into old toys. This house was Aubrey's 1st year birthday present. I was so excited to get it for her. She has enjoyed it - but is on to new things now. Lately I have been sitting Brooke next to it and she just loves it! She can't even move around it yet - so I think she'll enjoy it even more when she is mobile.



I wanted to get a pic of Brooke's two teeth. That's not the easiest task ever. And when I finally succeeded it came out blurry. Oh well, at least you can kind of see the little white specs on her lower gums.



The other day I had Aubrey take the utensils over to the table for me. She was so cute and on her own put some by each plate. I told her that she was "setting the table" for me. So true to Aubrey form, a few days later we were in her room playing and she said, "I want to set my table." So I helped her locate plates and cups and utensils and she went about setting her table. She even ran off to Brooke's room and found burp cloths and wash cloths to use for napkins! Then of course she had to add food to the plates. Oh how I love watching pretend play!



She has also been really into baking in her kitchen. The other day she told me that she was going to bake a cake. She said, "Mom I need a recipe." So she went about scribbling out a recipe. (see below) Then she went through her recipe and told me what the ingredients were as she placed them in her bowl. If she didn't have a toy food that was in her recipe she would ask me something like, "Mom what can we use for milk." Then we would find something that we could pretend was milk. It's so cute seeing her imagination come to life!



She also went play shopping the other day and said that she had to make a list first. It's just so fun seeing her mimic real life!

Another one of her favorite things to do now is eat lunch in her tent while watching her "New Barbie Show."





She's still loving applying her makeup. As you can see, her technique is big globs all over her cheeks!



One of Aubrey's favorite things to say these days is, "I want to have a baby someday, when I'm a mommy." It's so sweet. One day when she said this I told her that she would want to get married first before she has a baby. She then asked, "Mommy is daddy going to marry me?" Too cute!

My girls sure do know how to make me smile!

No comments: