Sunday, January 31, 2010

Finger Food???

My little Miss. Independent decided on Friday that it was high time she started feeding herself. As I was feeding her she stuck her hand into the bowl, grabbed a handful of cereal, inspected it for a bit and then shoved it into her mouth. It was too cute. So I relinquished control of the bowl and spoon, grabbed my camera and let her have at it!







It was too cute watching her really trying to figure out this whole eating thing. She would stop to study the food and the spoon from time to time. I imagine her gears upstairs were just working away.


She was really happy to have the control!



Oh how I love her smile - it just lights up my day!



She got surprisingly well skilled at using the spoon.



She figured out that you put it into the bowl first and then into your mouth.



But then she gave up the handful and spoon method entirely and went with the bowl directly into mouth method.



She had so much fun that she wanted a repeat the next day! See how happy she is to have taken over control of the spoon!





It sure is fun watching my little cutie learn new tricks!

2 comments:

Karen said...

The post melts my heart. That is the cutest little thing ever. Such a happy girl she is.

Anonymous said...

I admire you for relinquishing control...I would just be thinking "what a mess!" She certainly does look happy, though.