Saturday, January 23, 2010

Messy Face


Even with a face that cute - my Aubrey sure knows how to mess it up!



Mmm Mmm - Lasagna and chocolate cake are such a yummy combo! And look at all that she has saved for later!



"Helping" mommy make candy. She sure has acquired my LOVE for chocolate!



She was sooo sparkly with her face full of Fairy Glitter.

Just this week I was bragging about the fact that Aubrey has never really asked me to buy her anything. I apparently forgot to knock on wood because just a few days later it happened. Anyway, after she used up the above glitter, she told me that she needed some more. Apparently she didn't think her face was quite sparkly enough. When I told her that we didn't have any more she said to me, "You can just buy me some more at the store." I was so surprised I didn't even know how to respond. Then yesterday she wanted something that we didn't have. When I told her we were out of it she responded, "Mommy you go write it on the list and I'll remind you to buy it when we're at the store." Oh dear, I think fun times are ahead for me when we're shopping!

Aubrey's new thing is to start most sentences with, "You know how . . . " It's really quite cute.

Today while I was explaining to Aubrey why she couldn't do something that she wanted to do she said the thing I never thought would cross her lips. She said, "Oh yeah, you're right Mommy." Wow I hope to hear that many many more times (although I'm not holding my breath!)

We are still working on potty training. I am taking a very laid back approach. My nerves can't handle a more intense tactic. Anyway, the last couple weeks Aubrey has done really great. Only a few accidents in the two weeks combined. She has been able to nap in underpants and hasn't had an accident yet. Anyway, my favorite potty training quote from a few weeks back was, "Mommy I forgot to tell you that I had to go pee pee. It wouldn't stay in my bum - It was in a hurry to get out." That kid sure does crack me up.

Another Aubrey funny was when last week she walks over to Brooke and knocks her over and starts messing with her. After her timeout she says to me, "I'm sorry I knocked over Brooke, I was just trying to pick her up and throw her like a ball." Sometimes I just don't know where she comes up with this stuff! And don't worry Brooke was not harmed in the process.

This month in Primary we are learning a new song called, "I Know that my Savior Loves me." It's a really beautiful song. The first verse says:

A long time ago in a beautiful place, children were gathered around Jesus. He blessed and taught as they felt of his love. Each saw the tears on his face. The love that He felt for his little ones, I know he feels for me. I did not touch him or sit on his knee, yet Jesus is real to me.

I have been singing this song to my girls as a bedtime song this month. One day Aubrey found a picture of Jesus with children around him and one sitting on his knee. She shows it me and excitedly says, "Look mommy this picture is just like the song you sing me!" She pointed out that the children were gathered around Jesus just like in the song and that one was sitting on his knee too. It was such a sweet moment. We were able to talk about how Jesus loves the little children and how he loves her too.

No comments: