Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Brookie Bug



This week Brooke has been having some developmental growth spurts. She finally started babbling this week and has been doing it nonstop since Monday night. It is so darling. Previously she would make little noises and giggles, but not really any vowel or consonant sounds. Monday night in the tub she started saying "Ga Ga" and "Goo Goo". Then Tuesday she started saying, "Ja Ja". I think possibly because JJ was over and she was mimicking his name that she was hearing us say. Then Tuesday night she started in on, "Da Da." Which her daddy is really loving. Here is a little video of her talking.





She still is not crawling, but we've found her a few times this week on her hands and knees rocking. This is the first she has gotten up on all fours and we think she is finally on her way to crawling. I am happy and nervous about this. She will be thrilled to be able to keep up with the rest of us. But, I know it will be much more difficult keeping her away from Aubrey's stuff now so we'll have to be a lot more careful with little toys and art supplies. She still is using my favorite method of her transportation. We affectionately call it "bum hops." You'll see why if you watch the video below.



Her hair is really starting to come in. It's at a really fun sticking straight up in the air phase. We didn't have this phase with Aubrey because she was born with quite a bit of hair on top and it was curly so it didn't stick up. After I washed her hair the other day it dried sticking straight up like a mohawk. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture before Aubrey messed with it a little bit.




She is still such a great eater. I don't know how she is in the 33% for weight with the amount of food that kid can pack in. We're hoping she has inherited a fast metabolism from Grandma Bagley and Grandpa Buell. I unfortunately did not inherit it, but am hoping it skipped a generation and my Brookie lucked out!



She is beginning to have a mind of her own like the rest of us. If you give her something to try and trick her away from something else, she will just swat it away and keep going for her original target. If Aubrey gets too much into her space she will start squawking away. It's kind of sad because Aubrey loves to give her hugs and kisses, and she is just not having that lately. She's probably a bit nervous it will become more than a hug and a kiss - I can't really blame her. She has decided that she likes Aubrey's toys the best. Especially the ones Aubrey is currently playing with. I am really working on teaching Aubrey to be patient and not have a fit when Brooke messes something up. I keep reminding her that she can just rebuild her tower or put her party back together. I am hoping this will sink in soon as it will be increasingly more difficult to control as she becomes more mobile.

I am happy though that she still likes to snuggle when she is sleepy. She'll let me hold her real close and sing to her before nap and bedtime. It's my favorite part of the day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big Brooke is getting...and that Aubrey was just this age when we were hanging out all the time. Crazy! Such a cutie, though. I love the "bum hop". Molly never did that, and I love it when kids do it.

Karen said...

How sweet is she! Oh how I wish I could see before all the baby is gone....