Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Brookie Bug is 9 Months



Another month has come and gone in the blink of an eye and now Brooke is 3/4 of a year old.

Even though it has gone by so fast, we can't imagine not having her in our family. She is just so easy to love and has such a pleasant personality. I used to think of her as easy going, but I am realizing that may not be exactly right. Although she is very sweet natured she is also very determined. When she wants something that girl goes after it. I am happy to see that about her. It makes me laugh when I am holding her and she is hungry. She will dive head first into side lying position, pull at my shirt and open her mouth wide open. I never have to guess whether or not she is hungry!

She has a major hair fetish. When she sees that someones hair is within her reach, her eyes will just light up and off she goes to get a fist full of hair. Poor Aubrey is usually her victim. (Although it's good pay back for the abuse that she gets from Aubrey!) When we are in church, if their is someone with long hair in the pew in front of us, I really have to hold her down. She will literally jump off of my lap and try to scale the bench in front of us to get at the hair. I have never seen a child with this much passion for pulling hair. This is why I rarely wear my hair down these days!

She loves to blow air raspberries. See the video in two posts below. It is cute and messy. It's hard to keep her shirt dry these days with all of the spitting going on. But I like the cute little sounds and her cute little face all puckered up.

She has two methods of getting around; scooting backwards and jumping forward on her bum. It's really cute to see her doing little bum hops to get around. We have been working with her on crawling and hopefully she will master that soon.

She still LOVES to eat. I have been trying to give her more table foods lately and she it loving that.

She smiles and giggles easily. She wants to touch and manipulate everything within her reach. She still puts everything in her mouth though. I won't be too sad when that part of her exploring fades.

We just love our Brookie Cookie and are looking forward to another fun filled month with our sweet angel!








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute pictures of your sweet little one!

Karen said...

Oh my what a doll! Can you please send her my way? Just a quick question...I ordered my 09 blog book. Did you ever make one and get it? I anxious to get this one. Have a great week.

Esther Attridge said...

how cute - i love her little outfit