Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mother's Day

For Mother's Day we had a big party for my Grandma Wilkerson, both for Mother's Day and for her birthday that is also in May. We had planned to go to Grandma's church and we were all dressed and in the van by about 8:30 a.m., ready for our 2 hour drive to Grandma's. (That is no small task for me.) Before we left Jeff decided to check the oil and discovered that the oil cap was missing. Apparently, that is a big problem, and we could not go until we found the cap. Well, an hour later we finally decided that we had to purchase a new one, so we could get to the party. Then we were on our way about a half hour after that. What a fun morning!

Anyway, we got there in time for the party. My Grandma was thrilled to have so many of her children and grandchildren around her. Some even drove out from Arkansas for her special day.



This is the whole crew.


Me and my girls on Mother's day.


3 generations.


My cutie pie. (This pic and a few others were taken by my cousin-in-law, Lyndee.)


My other cutie pie.


The day was a perfectly sunny spring day and Aubrey enjoyed playing on the lawn.


Brookie with her Grandpa.


Tickles and Giggles




The makeshift table for Aubrey. As you can see from her plate, she was not so much into the Taco Salad. I'm glad I brought the Nutri-grain bars!


Just lounging and reading the box.


After Aubrey finished eating she decided to wander around and mingle. She carried the little red chair with her and sat it down by people to chat for a bit. She even gave my Uncle Gerald a kiss, whom she has only met a few times!


Brookie stole Grandpa's sucker.


Daddy and his Darling.


Mommy and her Munchkin.


Taking a stroll with Grandma.


Hangin' with Uncle Elliot


Relaxing with the girls.


It ended up being a fun day. I'm glad that our bad start didn't continue throughout the day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! I love the picture of Aubrey strolling in the grass...she looks exactly like you! So cute.