Friday, April 18, 2008

Has Spring Finally Come?

I sure hope Spring is finally here to stay - although it is hard to keep my hopes up with the crazy weather we have been having. Spring keeps teasing us by coming for a day and then disappearing entirely. So, I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

I bought Aubrey some cute Spring clothes months ago and have just been waiting for a Spring day to wear some. When I heard today was going to reach 70 degrees I brought out her bright floral hoody dress that I've been dying for her to wear. So, of course I took plenty of pictures. I'm not biased or anything, but I think she looks like a doll in it!




Aubrey learned the sign for "eat" this week. Which is sort of ironic since she hasn't wanted to eat all week because she is teething. Anyway, she is so cute when she does it. She does it pretty accurately too. Here are pictures of Aubrey making the sign.





She made the sign while she was sitting outside with daddy, so I brought them a snack. Then I went into the kitchen to make dinner. I peaked out the window and got the cutest little view of them sitting on the blanket together with Jeff giving her snacks. So, of course, I just had to go out and snap a photo! (Look at our green, beautiful grass! Doesn't Jeff do a great job.)





Like I said earlier, Aubrey hasn't been eating well this week. The week before she decided that she only wanted to eat what mommy and daddy were eating. So, we have been feeding her mostly the same foods we eat. Well, this week even that wasn't working. One day at lunch she was reaching for my pasta. So, I put some on her tray. She sort of played with it a little and maybe ate a bite or two. Then started reaching for my fork. So, I put some of the pasta on the fork and she ate it right up. Then she decided that she must help with putting the fork in her mouth. So, I had to put the pasta on the fork and then put the fork a few inches from her mouth, then she would grab it and help guide it into her mouth. Funny girl. So, I realized, she has to not only eat what we eat, but how we eat it too. So, I went and bought her some toddler forks that she won't poke an eye out with. So, below are pictures of her practicing using a fork. She definitely has not mastered the concept, but sure enjoyed having a fork of her own. Especially if there was food on it.





The following is a picture of Aubrey's one and only tooth. That's right, she is almost 1 and only has this one tooth. The funny thing is that Aubrey's cousin, JJ, who is 6 months younger, had his first tooth break through the same day as Aubrey. They got their first teeth on March 28th. I believe that he already has 2 more now. I sincerely hope the second one is going to pop through soon, so we can get happy Aubrey back!


2 comments:

Karen said...

Food and eating are a hard thing to teach kids. Tyler was my one who had to have his own silverware. Katie still wants to be fed. Aubrey looks like she is having fun with her fork! Kaylyn was a cranky baby and looking back it's proably because she was teething the whole time. She had her full set of teeth, molars included by the time she was one. The doctor thought that was weird. What a doll Aubrey is and I'm with you on that spring thing!

Shannon said...

I think that Aubrey doesn't want to be a baby anymore, she already wants to eat adult food and do it by herself. That is so cute!! If you think you love what she looks like in cute little spring clothes...OH You just wait until those chubby legs are in a SWIMSUIT!! I love little girl swimsuits,( i may have an obsession really) just ask Cory!! ;)