Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Destructive Phase

Aubrey has officially reached the destructive phase. Last night she tore up her first book :( It was a board book too - I thought those were supposed to be indestructible. This morning she figured out how to rip a plastic covering off of a book. At least, I know that it is all in her quest to figure out how things work. Hopefully I will be this positive about it when she destroys something of great worth to me.

On a more positive note: she has figured out that cows say moo, ducks say quack and kitties say meow. She has a toy cow, kitty and duck. I started making a moo sound and she pointed at her cow. I was so impressed. I saw her duck sitting there so I made a quack sound and she pointed at her duck. Then we went to a different room and I saw her kitty sitting there so I made a meow sound. Just like the others she pointed at it. I love seeing this girl figuring things out. It is just so interesting seeing a child develop right before your eyes.

Also, one of her new favorite things to do is blow raspberries on my arm. It is really cute. I always get her back with a big one on her cheek!

2 comments:

The Mann Family said...

Uh oh...she's in the destructive phase?! Can you believe she's already almost 1 year old??? What a cutie pie!

Karen said...

I can tell you stories of things that I thought would not break and did. Board books are just the start. But she is cute right?!?!